Difference between revisions of "Philippines - Register a Birth"
(→Other uses of the Document/Certificate)
|Line 102:||Line 102:|
Revision as of 12:55, 8 September 2019
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
The birth of a child shall be registered within thirty (30) days from the time of birth at the Local Civil Registry Office of the city/municipality where the birth occurred.
List down the documents required for successfully completing the procedure. e.g. 1. Proof of child birth from the Hospital.
Advertise On This Page
Office Locations & Contacts
- NSO NATIONAL CAPITAL REGION (NCR)
4th Floor Philippine Bible Society (PBS) Building
Ramon Magsaysay Boulevard
Sta. Mesa, Manila 1016
Telephone: (02) 716-4921 / 713-2942 local 117/404
713-1014 / 713-2942 local 409
713-2990 / 714-1720
713-2942 local 210
Fax: (02) 714-1721
- National Statistics Office
Civil Registration Department
Vibal Building, EDSA, Quezon City, Philippines
- The parent/ guardian/ attendant at birth/hospital and clinic authorities, and;
- The persons who have reached legal age but whose facts of births have not been reported at the Civil Registrar’s Office.
- On time registration: Free
- Delayed registration: Php100
- Document stamp tax (if applicable): Php15
- Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
- On time registration: About 30 minutes
- Delayed registration: Over 10 days
- Out-of-town registration: 2-4 weeks
Advertise On This Page
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide other instructions related to the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
- Birth registration is a permanent official record of a child. The child who is not registered at birth is
in danger of being denied the right to an official identity, a recognised name and a nationality.
Information which might help
What are the exceptional cases for the place of registration of birth?
- When a child is born aboard a vehicle, vessel or airplane while in transit withing Philippine territory and the exact place of birth could not be ascertained, the birth shall be recorded in the civil register of the city or municipality of the mother destination or where the mother habitually resides;
- When the child is born aboard a vessel or airplane en route to the Philippines, the birth shall be recorded in the civil register of the city or municipality where the mother habitually resides, if she is a resident of the Philippines and if either the father or the mother or both parents are citizens of the Philippines. When the parents are both foreigners but not residents of the Philippines, the birth may be recorded in the civil register of Manila, if they so desire;
- For delayed registration of events where the city/municipality has been divided or integrated, the registration of birth shall be made in the mother city/municipality, which has jurisdiction over the reported place of occurrence of birth.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- The birth certificate is used to authenticate one's identity and nationality, and assist with obtaining government-issued identity documents, such as a passport or driver's license.
Civil Registration Procedure http://www.census.gov.ph/civilregistration/civil-registration-procedure