Philippines - Obtain a copy of Death Certificate
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Application made in person by the owner or by his/her representatives will be received at different Census Serbilis Centers.
- Documents applied at the East Avenue Census Serbilis Outlet will be released on the same outlet on the date specified in the receipt.
- Visit the PSA Serbilis website at https://www.psaserbilis.com.ph/Default.aspx
- Fill up online requester's information and contact details
- Follow online instructions for payment and other details
Note: If the request is done through e-mail, the certification shall be sent to the requesting party through conventional postal service system.
List down the documents required for successfully completing the procedure. e.g. 1. Proof of child birth from the Hospital.
Office Locations & Contacts
PHILIPPINE STATISTICS AUTHORITY
PSA Complex, East Ave.
Diliman, Quezon City
Civil Registration concerns:
Telephone: (02) 926-7333, (02) 926-7274, (02) 926-9973
E-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
PSA Serbilis Center
Address: 4th Level Ayala Malls South Park, National Road, Alabang, Muntinlupa City 1772
Telephone: (02) 851-6302
More detail in the link Directory.
Note: NTC issued Memorandum Order No. 10-10-2017 last October 27, 2017, directing all telecommunications providers in the country to migrate all its customers to eight-digit telephone numbers.
3000-YYYY to 3499-YYYY – Bayan Telecommunications, Inc.
6000-YYYY to 6699-YYYY – ABS-CBN Converge, Inc.
6700-YYYY to 6999-YYYY – Eastern Telecommunication Philippines/ Telecommunications Technologies Philippines Inc.
7XXX-YYYY – Globe Telecom, Inc./ Innove Communications, Inc.
8XXX-YYYY – PLDT, Inc./ Digital Telecommunications Philippines, Inc.
A customer who still incorrectly dials the old seven-digit number will hear a special announcement saying the format has been changed to eight-digit, for a period of three months after the migration (March 18, 2019 to June 17, 2019).
Provide eligibility criteria's for going through this procedure.
- Walk-in: P140.00
- Online: P350.00
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
- Walk-in: 1 day (within the day for documents available in the database)
- Online: 5 to 9 days, including delivery
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- You can obtain death certificate of your beloved ones by providing all required vital information.
- Pay the required fees and submit the required documents.
When requesting for death certificate, the interested party shall provide the following information to facilitate verification and issuance of certification.
- Complete name of the deceased person
- Date of death
- Place of death
- Complete name and address of the requesting party
- Number of copies needed
- Purpose of the certification
Need for the Document
A Death Certificate is an official document setting forth particulars relating to a dead person, including the name of the individual, the date of birth and the date of death.
Information which might help
PSAHelpline.ph was ordered to stop accepting applications from January 4, 2020 and onwards through a letter received from the office of the National Statistician of the Philippine Statistics Authority. To know more - link
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Certified copies of death certificates that can typically be used to obtain death benefits, claim insurance proceeds and other legal purposes.
More information which might help people.