Philippines - Obtain a copy of Birth Certificate
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Application made in person by the owner or by his/her representatives will be received at different Census Serbilis Centers.
- Documents applied at the East Avenue Census Serbilis Outlet will be released on the same outlet on the date specified in the receipt.
- Visit the PSA Serbilis website at https://www.psaserbilis.com.ph/Default.aspx
- Fill up online requester's information and contact details
- Follow online instructions for payment and other details
- Valid ID is required for both owner and requester of documents.
- (Walk-in) Authorization letter and ID of the document owner together with the ID of the requester are required if the requester is not of the following: a) document owner; b) parent; c) spouse; d) direct descendant; e) legal guardian/ institution in-charge, if minor.
- Driving license
Office Locations & Contacts
PHILIPPINE STATISTICS AUTHORITY
PSA Complex, East Ave.
Diliman, Quezon City
Civil Registration concerns:
Telephone: (02) 926-7333, (02) 926-7274, (02) 926-9973
E-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
PSA Serbilis Center
Address: 4th Level Ayala Malls South Park, National Road, Alabang, Muntinlupa City 1772
Telephone: (02) 851-6302
More detail in the link Directory.
Note: NTC issued Memorandum Order No. 10-10-2017 last October 27, 2017, directing all telecommunications providers in the country to migrate all its customers to eight-digit telephone numbers.
3000-YYYY to 3499-YYYY – Bayan Telecommunications, Inc.
6000-YYYY to 6699-YYYY – ABS-CBN Converge, Inc.
6700-YYYY to 6999-YYYY – Eastern Telecommunication Philippines/ Telecommunications Technologies Philippines Inc.
7XXX-YYYY – Globe Telecom, Inc./ Innove Communications, Inc.
8XXX-YYYY – PLDT, Inc./ Digital Telecommunications Philippines, Inc.
A customer who still incorrectly dials the old seven-digit number will hear a special announcement saying the format has been changed to eight-digit, for a period of three months after the migration (March 18, 2019 to June 17, 2019).
The records of a persons birth shall be kept strictly confidential and no information relating thereto shall be issued except on the request of any of the following:
- The person himself, or any person authorized by him;
- His spouse, his parent or parents, his direct descendants, or the guardian or institution legally incharge of him, if he is a minor;
- The court or proper public official whenever absolutely necessary in administrative, judicial or other official proceedings to determine the identity of the child's parents or other circumstances surrounding his birth; and
- In case of the person's death, the nearest of kin.
Any person violating the prohibition shall suffer the penalty of imprisonment of at least two months or a fine in an amount not exceeding five hundred pesos, or both, in the discretion of the court.
- Walk-in: P140.00
- Online: P330.00
Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
- Walk-in: 1 day (within the day for documents available in the database)
- Online: 5 to 9 days, including delivery
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- You can obtain your or your child birth certificate by providing all required vital information.
- For Birth Certificate Application: Valid ID is required for both owner and requester of documents. Only the following are authorized to receive birth certificate:
- the owner of the document;
- direct descendant/ascendants and;
- guardian. if the document owner is a minor, only his/her parent or guardian can authorize the receipt of delivery of the birth certificate. The receiving party must present a valid ID. If the receiving party is the guardian of the document owner, a valid ID and proof/declaration of guardianship must be presented.
- Pay the required fees and submit the required documents.
- Complete name of the child (first, middle, last)
- Complete name of the father
- Complete maiden name of the mother
- Date of birth (month, day, year)
- Place of birth (city/municipality, province)
- Whether or not registered late. (If registered late, please state the year when it was registered.
- Complete name and address of the requesting party
- Relationship to the child
- Number of copies needed
- Purpose of the certification
Need for the Document
A Birth Certificate is a vital record that establishes the birth of a child. It is an official form that gives details on the time and place of a person's birth, and his or her name, sex, mother's name and (usually) father's name. The word "birth certificate" can refer to either the original document or a certified true copy of or representation of the original record of birth document.
Information which might help
PSAHelpline.ph was ordered to stop accepting applications from January 4, 2020 and onwards through a letter received from the office of the National Statistician of the Philippine Statistics Authority. To know more - link
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity to get Driver Licence, Passport, etc.
More information which might help people.