Philippines - Obtain a Business Permit (Mayor Permit)
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Application and submission of requirements
- The accomplished business transaction form together with the requirements shall be submitted to the Bureau of Permits (BP). The BP personnel shall encode the business transaction form details and the requirements for processing and computation of business permit fee. The BP personnel shall issue a computer generated Business Identification Number (BIN) slip to the applicant.
- Assessment of business tax and regulatory fees
- The applicant shall proceed to the License Division of the City Treasurers Office for computation and assessment of Business Tax and Regulatory Fees. The applicant shall present the issued Business Identification Number to a licensing officer on duty. The latter shall then compute and generate the License and Regulatory Fees Form which shall be given to the applicant.
- Payment of license and regulatory fees
- The applicant shall proceed to the cashier and shall present the issued License and Regulatory Fees (LRF) Form. The cashier shall receive and record the payment of the applicant and shall validate the LRF Form which will serve as the Official Receipt.
- Release of Business Permit
- The applicant shall go back to the Bureau of Permits office. After verifying the Official Receipt, a personnel will generate the Business Permit and it will be released to the applicant upon signing of the BP Director.
- Barangay Clearance
- DTI Business Name Certificate (Single Proprietor)
- Certificate of SEC Registration / Articles of Incorporation (for Corporation) / Articles of Partnership (for Partnership)
- Public Liability Insurance (for Restaurants, Cinemas, Malls, etc.)
- Authorization Letter of owner with ID
- Lease Contract / Tax Declaration
- SSS (Certification / Clearance)
- CTC (Community Tax Certificate-CEDULA)
Office Locations & Contacts
Department of the Interior and Local Government
DILG-NAPOLCOM Center,EDSA,corner Quezon Avenue,
West Triangle, Quezon City, Philippines 1104
Trunkline No.: 8876-34-54
LEAGUE OF CITIES OF THE PHILIPPINES
The LCP Executive Director c/o LCP Secretariat
Unit J& K, 7th floor, CyberOne Building,
Eastwood Libis, Quezon City 1610
Tel. Nos. : (632) 470-6837; 470-6813; 470-6843
Fax No. : (632) 470-7210
Email : email@example.com
LEAGUE OF MUNICIPALITIES OF THE PHILIPPINES
2nd Flr. LMP Bldg, 265 Ermin Garcia St.,
Cubao, Quezon City, Philippines, 1109
Tel / Fax Nos: (632) 913 5737 to 38
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: NTC issued Memorandum Order No. 10-10-2017 last October 27, 2017, directing all telecommunications providers in the country to migrate all its customers to eight-digit telephone numbers.
3000-YYYY to 3499-YYYY – Bayan Telecommunications, Inc.
6000-YYYY to 6699-YYYY – ABS-CBN Converge, Inc.
6700-YYYY to 6999-YYYY – Eastern Telecommunication Philippines/ Telecommunications Technologies Philippines Inc.
7XXX-YYYY – Globe Telecom, Inc./ Innove Communications, Inc.
8XXX-YYYY – PLDT, Inc./ Digital Telecommunications Philippines, Inc.
A customer who still incorrectly dials the old seven-digit number will hear a special announcement saying the format has been changed to eight-digit, for a period of three months after the migration (March 18, 2019 to June 17, 2019).
Anyone who will put up a business in a specific location.
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain the processing your application.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- A business permit or license from the Local Government Units (LGU) is one of the important requirements for every business or company to operate in the Philippines.
- Business permits expire on the 31st of December unless the permits are issued on a quarterly basis.
- LGUs can be cities or municipalities, and procedures for obtaining a permit may vary depending on the ordinances the city or municipality will implement.
- Securing a business permit from the Mayors Office can only be done after the registration of your business with the Department of Trade and Industry or DTI (for single proprietorship) and with the Securities and Exchange Commission or SEC (for partnership and corporation).
- Business permits are renewed every year.
- Renewal period is usually on the first month (January) of the calendar year depending on the city or municipality ordinance.
- Penalties are imposed upon business on failure to renew business permit.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
Before commencing your business in the Philippines, you need to secure a Business permit or Mayors permit, as it is commonly called, from your local government where your business is located.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.