Philippines - Getting Electricity Connection by Residence Owners
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Gather all the required documents and go to the Meralco branch nearest to you.
- Fill out the application form. You can download the form here: http://www.meralco.com.ph/pdf/consumercare/SA_Form.pdf.
- Submit the application form and the required documents.
- Get a Service Application Number. This would be your reference whenever you call the branch or Call Center to inquire about your application. If necessary, the branch will survey your area to check its conditions. Based on these findings, the Branch might require other documents.
- Pay your Bill Deposit.
- Sign the Electric Service Contract. The contract shall only take effect after the energization of your service.
- Get the meter socket. A meter socket must first be issued by your Branch before you can construct the service entrance. The Branch shall provide you a Service Application Brochure for your step-by-step reference.
- Construct the Service Entrance.
- Call the branch or the Meralco Call Center after you have installed the meter socket, and give your Service Application Number. Shortly after your call, the Branch will send a Field Representative to check your service entrance.
- The Field Representative will give you a yellow card, which will state if your service entrance installation is approved or not. If not approved, the yellow card will also indicate the necessary actions for correcting the installation.
- If there is something that needs revision in the installation, ensure that the recommendation of the Meralco Field Representative (written in the yellow card) is followed. Dont forget to inform the branch or the Meralco Call Center after the installation has been corrected. The Branch will again send its Field Representative to check on the service entrance.
- Submit the Certificate of Final Electrical Inspection (CFEI) to the Branch.
- After your installation has been approved by the Field Representative, secure a CFEI from your respective city hall or municipal hall, and submit it to the branch.
Your meter will be installed in 2 to 3 working days, and your service entrance will be energized in your or your representatives presence.
- application form
- original copy of wiring permit
- original copies and photocopies of the following documents:
- one valid ID
- proof of ownership/occupancy (Transfer Certificate Title, Deed of Sale or Contract of Lease)
- notarized undertaking from the building owner (if you want the account to be named after you)
- bill deposit
Office Locations & Contacts
Energy Regulatory Commission - Main
Pacific Center Building,
San Miguel Avenue,
Ortigas Center 1600,
Pasig City, Metro Manila,
P.O. Box 181, Greenhills,
Metro Manila, Philippines
ERC PABX Trunkline: (02) 689-5372 | (02) 689-5-ERC
General Information: Tel: (02) 689-5343;
Fax: (02) 631-5816;
Consumer Complaints: Tel: (02) 689-5338;
Fax: (02) 687-5544;
Note: NTC issued Memorandum Order No. 10-10-2017 last October 27, 2017, directing all telecommunications providers in the country to migrate all its customers to eight-digit telephone numbers.
3000-YYYY to 3499-YYYY – Bayan Telecommunications, Inc.
6000-YYYY to 6699-YYYY – ABS-CBN Converge, Inc.
6700-YYYY to 6999-YYYY – Eastern Telecommunication Philippines/ Telecommunications Technologies Philippines Inc.
7XXX-YYYY – Globe Telecom, Inc./ Innove Communications, Inc.
8XXX-YYYY – PLDT, Inc./ Digital Telecommunications Philippines, Inc.
A customer who still incorrectly dials the old seven-digit number will hear a special announcement saying the format has been changed to eight-digit, for a period of three months after the migration (March 18, 2019 to June 17, 2019).
- The applicant must be the official owner or occupant (tenant) of the address being applied for.
- The address that you are applying for is physically separate from adjacent addresses that already have electric service.
- You have no previous illegal connection cases with Meralco.
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
Having electricity is a necessity for every household. It's been considered as a part of our lives. Following are the procedures on how to get electricity connection for residential owners.
Information which might help
A Service Entrance Diagram indicates the standard requirements of Meralco.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.