Philippines - Getting Electricity Connection (Non-Residential Customers)
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Go to the nearest Meralco Business Center.
- Submit the required documents.
- Upon submission of the necessary documents, Meralco will determine the optimum location for the service entrance and will compute for the applicable contracted capacity based on the requirements specified in the submitted electrical plans. The technical requirements on the service entrance may vary depending on the customer's location or structural design of its facility. To avoid unnecessary cost, customers should refrain from constructing the service entrance until Meralco advises the optimum location. The contracted capacity will also determine the estimated service deposit required for new service applications.
- For new service applications in an area with an existing Meralco facility Meralco will send to the customer a new service contract indicating the amount of service deposit for the customer's acceptance. For new service applications in an area without a close-by Meralco facility Meralco will design a power facility to suit the customer's power requirements and compute the relevant project cost to install this facility including the service deposit. Meralco will send to the customer a new service contract with the total project cost for customer's acceptance.
- When all the mentioned requirements have been satisfied, the customer should submit the duly signed agreement and the Certificate of Final Electrical Inspection (CFEI) and pay the corresponding fees. In certain situations wherein the customer has a temporary service connection, there will be an installation and removal cost for the temporary electric facility structure.
- Meralco installs meter and/or additional facilities and energizes your electric service.
- Letter of request for electric connection on company letterhead indicating if this is a new service, temporary service application or change in contracted capacity. The letter should also contain the following information:
- Surname, first name, middle name
- Registered business name
- Mobile phone number
- Landline phone number
- Service address (location where electric service is required)
- Email address
- Office address
- Authorization letter from the owner and the representatives valid ID (if application is being coursed through an authorized representative such as a contractor or licensed electrician or electrical engineer).
- Electrical Permit & Certificate of Final Electrical Inspection (CFEI) from the City or Municipal Engineer's Office.
- Electrical Plans which contain the following: [must be signed & sealed by a Professional Electrical Engineer (PEE)]
- Single-line diagram
- Size of service entrance wires
- Schedule of loads
- Shop drawing of meter center with dimensions (for multi-metering service)
- Proposed service entrance location
- Photocopy of the following:
- SEC registration (for corporate entity)
- Articles of Incorporation
- Latest General Information Sheet (GIS)
- BIR Certificate of Registration and Tax Identification Number (TIN)
- Any of the following valid identification card with picture Drivers License, GSIS ID, SSS ID, passport, PRC License, Pag-ibig ID, Philhealth ID, Firearms License, original NBI Clearance
- Business/DTI Permit or business name (for sole proprietorship)
- Contract of Lease (if rented)
- Condominium Certificate of Title or Contract to Sell (for condominium owners)
- Transfer Certificate Title (TCT) or Deed of Absolute Sale
- Secretary's Certificate authorizing the signatory to sign contracts regarding Meralcos transactions
- For an applied load of 500kW or more, kindly submit the additional documents:
- Complete single-line diagram reflecting winding configurations and relays
- Transformer vault or metering vault location plan
- Elevation plan of transformer or metering vault
- Layout showing rooms surrounding the transformer vault or metering vault room (below/beside/above)
- Proposed primary and secondary conduit runs
- Drainage system layout
- Layout containing location of main circuit breaker [High-voltage switchgear (HVSG) or Low-voltage switchgear (LVSG)]
- Metering location
- Hoisting facilities and its specifications
- Site development plan (relationship of the building to the transformer vault or metering vault within other establishments)
- Topography diagram (for rolling terrain)
Office Locations & Contacts
Energy Regulatory Commission - Main
Pacific Center Building,
San Miguel Avenue,
Ortigas Center 1600,
Pasig City, Metro Manila,
P.O. Box 181, Greenhills,
Metro Manila, Philippines
ERC PABX Trunkline: (02) 689-5372 | (02) 689-5-ERC
General Information: Tel: (02) 689-5343;
Fax: (02) 631-5816;
Consumer Complaints: Tel: (02) 689-5338;
Fax: (02) 687-5544;
Note: NTC issued Memorandum Order No. 10-10-2017 last October 27, 2017, directing all telecommunications providers in the country to migrate all its customers to eight-digit telephone numbers.
3000-YYYY to 3499-YYYY – Bayan Telecommunications, Inc.
6000-YYYY to 6699-YYYY – ABS-CBN Converge, Inc.
6700-YYYY to 6999-YYYY – Eastern Telecommunication Philippines/ Telecommunications Technologies Philippines Inc.
7XXX-YYYY – Globe Telecom, Inc./ Innove Communications, Inc.
8XXX-YYYY – PLDT, Inc./ Digital Telecommunications Philippines, Inc.
A customer who still incorrectly dials the old seven-digit number will hear a special announcement saying the format has been changed to eight-digit, for a period of three months after the migration (March 18, 2019 to June 17, 2019).
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- Where to Apply
- For customers with contracted capacity of less than 500kW
- Contact a Meralco engineer at the Meralco Business Center that covers your area. To find out the location of the Meralco Business Center nearest you, please call 16211 or click on this link: Business Centers.
- For customers with contracted capacity of at least 500kW
- Contact the Technical Support Group for Corporate Partners assigned to your area at the Meralco sector offices. To find out which Meralco sector office covers your area, please contact 1622-2378 or click on this link: Business Centers.
- For conglomerate accounts with contracted capacity of less than 500kW
- Contact the Technical Support Group for Corporate Partners assigned to your area at the Meralco sector offices. To find out which Meralco sector office covers your area and for the complete list of conglomerate accounts, please contact 1622-2378 or click on this link: Business Centers.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
There are two types of new electricity service applications for non residential customers. These are:
- General Service - this type of connection covers non-residential entities that have a contracted capacity below 40kW.
- General Power - this type of connection covers non-residential entities that have a contracted capacity of at least 40kW.
Following are the procedures on how to get electricity connection for non-residential customers.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.