Philippines - Get Mobile Connection
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
Prepaid line: It is very easy to obtain one, you simply have to purchase a prepaid sim card, and your good to go.
- Requirements and application process vary per company.
- You may need to apply in person, it will be better if you will check the mobile provider's website first to see where is their nearest branch and a list documents you should bring when you apply (some are provided under the 'Required Documents' section).
- Most companies will process your application on the same day.
Here are some of the requirements a telecommunication company may require you to submit when you apply for a postpaid plan:
- Proof of Identity: Company ID / Driver's License / Passport (bearing signature) / SSS/TIN/GSIS/PRC/IBP ID
- Proof of Billing Address (any Acceptable ID with address):
- Public Utility Bills (electric, water, cable)
- Notarized Contract of Lease
- Airway Bill
- Note: Document must not be expired.
- Proof of Income:
- Computerized 1-month Payslip
- Certificate of Employment and Compensation
- ITR with BIR or Bank-received Stamp (form 1700)
- W-2 (form 2316)
- Credit Card (swipe to charge advance monthly service fee)
- 3-month Certificate of Allotment plus Employment Contract (for overseas workers)
- Note: Document must be recent.
- Some companies may ask foreigners to submit additional requirements:
- DOLE Employment Permit
- Immigration Certificate of Registration
- Special Retiree's Residence VISA (SRRV)
- Company Guarantee (if staying less than the contract period)
- Employment Contract or Certificate of Employment
Note: Do not forget to bring the original copy of your document.
Office Locations & Contacts
National Telecommunications Commission
BIR Road, East Triangle, Diliman,
Quezon City, Metro Manila
Commissioner's office : firstname.lastname@example.org
Provide eligibility criteria's for going through this procedure.
Varies depending on the mobile provider and what type of postpaid plan you are applying for.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
Following is a procedure on how to get a mobile connection or apply for one.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- National Telecommunications Commission:
More information which might help people.