Philippines - Apply for Student Driver Permit
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Proceed to the Customer Service Counter to get your checklist of requirements and secure a Drivers License Application Form. (This form is available for download here: http://www.lto.gov.ph/. You can accomplish this form prior to transacting your business at the LTO.) Get a queue number and wait for your number to be called.
- When your number is called, proceed to evaluator counter and submit all the required documents and have it checked for completeness and authenticity.
- Proceed to the Photo taking /Signature Area to have your picture and signature taken when your name is called.
- Proceed to the Cashier when your name is called to pay the necessary fees and obtain an Official Receipt.
- Proceed to the Releasing Counter when your name is called and present the Official Receipt and claim the Student Drivers Permit.
For Filipino Applicants
- Original with photocopy of birth certificate. In the absence thereof , any of the following
- Joint affidavit of two (2) disinterested persons who know the applicant and who can attest to his/her age and identity accompanied by non-availability of of record from NSO or local civil registry office
- Any legal document to prove his age and identity such as GSIS, SSS, passport or any government issued documents
- For applications below 18 years old, parents or guardians written consent with Xerox copy of ID card to prove his identity
- Taxpayers Identification Number(TIN)
- Duly accomplished Application for Drivers License (ADL) form.
For Foreign Applicants
- Original and photocopy of passport with visa duration of at least five (5) months from date of application and any of the following:
- Valid Alien Certificate of Registration (ACR).
- If born in the Philippines, original and photocopy of birth certificate.
- If student, original and photocopy of school ID.
- For applicant below 18 years old, require parents or guardians written consent with photocopy of ID card to prove his/her identity. If not accompanied by parent/guardian, the written consent must be duly notarized.
- Duly accomplished Application for Drivers License (ADL).
Office Locations & Contacts
LTO Central Office
East Avenue, Quezon City
(02) 8922 9061 to 63
Note: NTC issued Memorandum Order No. 10-10-2017 last October 27, 2017, directing all telecommunications providers in the country to migrate all its customers to eight-digit telephone numbers.
3000-YYYY to 3499-YYYY – Bayan Telecommunications, Inc.
6000-YYYY to 6699-YYYY – ABS-CBN Converge, Inc.
6700-YYYY to 6999-YYYY – Eastern Telecommunication Philippines/ Telecommunications Technologies Philippines Inc.
7XXX-YYYY – Globe Telecom, Inc./ Innove Communications, Inc.
8XXX-YYYY – PLDT, Inc./ Digital Telecommunications Philippines, Inc.
A customer who still incorrectly dials the old seven-digit number will hear a special announcement saying the format has been changed to eight-digit, for a period of three months after the migration (March 18, 2019 to June 17, 2019).
For Filipino Applicants
- Must be at least 16 years old.
- Must be physically and mentally fit to operate or drive a motor vehicle.
- Must be able to read and write in Filipino or English.
For Foreign Applicants
- Must be at least sixteen (16) years old.
- Must know how to read and write in English or Filipino.
- Must have arrived in the Philippines for at least one (1) month prior to the date of application with LTO and can show evidence from BID/DFA that he will stay in the country for at least five (5) months from the date of application.
Application Fee 100.00
Computer Fee 67.63
Student Permit Fee 150.00
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain the processing your application.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- You can apply for a student drivers permit to your nearest Licensing Center/ District office with Driving License transactions.
- You can download for the official LTO Application for Drivers License (ADL) Form to their website: http://www.lto.gov.ph/
- Student Drivers permit is only valid for 6 months and then you should have acquired a Non-Pro Drivers License so you wont need to renew your permit again.
- The window names/titles in a licensing office may differ from branches. Do not be confused. Just follow their instructions.
- Full Name
- Present Address
- Birth Date
- Blood Type
- Telephone / Cell phone Number
- Tax Identification Number (TIN)
- Birth Place
- Father and Mothers Name
- Spouse Name
- Employers Business Name and Telephone Number
- Employers Business Address
Need for the Document
For someone who wants to learn how to drive, it is very important to apply and obtain first your student permit drivers license at your nearest LTO (Land Transportation Office) branch.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Land Transportation Office (LTO) website:
More information which might help people.