Philippines - Apply for Special Study Permit
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Get the Consolidated General Application Form (CGAF) from either at the Public Information and Assistance Unit (PIAU) at BI G/F Main Office or from the Official BI Website.
- Fill out the Consolidated General Application Form (CGAF).
- Submit the documents for pre-screening to the Central Receiving Unit (CRU) or to the frontline officer or staff of other Immigration Offices able to process this transaction.
- Get the Order of Payment Slip (OPS).
- Pay the required fees.
- Submit copy of Official Receipt.
- Refer to the Official Receipt for the schedule and venue of the hearing and Image and Fingerprint Capturing.
- In case of extension application, the biometric data previously captured during the visa conversion shall be used in the printing of the renewed ACR I-Card. However, applicants aged ten (10) years and below shall have their image and fingerprint captured every extension of visa. Applicants aged eleven (11) years and above shall have their image and fingerprint captured every after five (5) years.
- Proceed to Image and Fingerprint Capturing Counter of the Alien Registration Division (ARD) and submit requirements for ACR I-Card application.
- Claim the SSP and ACR I-Card, if approved.
- Application Form
- letter request addressed to the Commissioner from the representative of the petitioning school
- duly accomplished CGAF (BI Form 2014-00-003 rev 0). If the applicant is minor, it shall be signed by the parent or the legal guardian
- photocopy of passport bio-page and latest admission with valid authorized stay
- Certificate of Acceptance issued by the learning institution accredited by the Bureau of Immigration to accept foreign students, indicating the number of months (length of study) of the technical/vocational, special and/or primary or secondary level courses for applicants below 18 years of age
- photocopy of BI school accreditation ID of the registrar or school representative
- in case of flying schools:
- National Intelligence Coordinating Agency (NICA Clearance)
- National Bureau of Investigation (NBI Clearance)
- Bureau of Immigration (BI) Intelligence Clearance
- photocopy of ACR I-Card (front and back portions), in case of renewal/extension
- BI Clearance Certificate
Office Locations & Contacts
Department of Foreign Affairs
DFA Home Office
2330 Roxas Boulevard
Metro Manila, Philippines
Office of Consular Affairs
Bradco Avenue, corner
ASEANA Business Park
Paranaque City, Metro Manila
Telephone:(632) 8 834-4000 (632) 8 834-3000
8 234 3488 (For Passport Appointment Concerns)
8 651 9400 (For Passport, Authentication, & Other Consular Inquiries)
Note: NTC issued Memorandum Order No. 10-10-2017 last October 27, 2017, directing all telecommunications providers in the country to migrate all its customers to eight-digit telephone numbers.
3000-YYYY to 3499-YYYY – Bayan Telecommunications, Inc.
6000-YYYY to 6699-YYYY – ABS-CBN Converge, Inc.
6700-YYYY to 6999-YYYY – Eastern Telecommunication Philippines/ Telecommunications Technologies Philippines Inc.
7XXX-YYYY – Globe Telecom, Inc./ Innove Communications, Inc.
8XXX-YYYY – PLDT, Inc./ Digital Telecommunications Philippines, Inc.
A customer who still incorrectly dials the old seven-digit number will hear a special announcement saying the format has been changed to eight-digit, for a period of three months after the migration (March 18, 2019 to June 17, 2019).
Foreigner nationals who do not qualify for a Student Visa may still avail themselves of special study permit.
- Application Fee - Php 2, 000. 00
- Implementation Fee - Php 1, 000. 00
- Service Fee - Php 200. 00
- Certificate Fee - Php 500. 00
- Legal Research Fee (LRF) for each immigration fee except Head Tax and Fines - Php 40. 00
- Express Fee (Certification) - Php 500. 00
- Express Fee (Filing) - Php 500. 00
- Express Fee (I-Card Processing) - Php 500. 00
- Additional I-card fee (based on current exchange rate) - $ 50. 00
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
A study permit is a legal authorization which allows a student to study in a country where one does not hold citizenship.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.