Philippines - Apply for Professional Driver License
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Proceed to the Customer Service Counter to get your checklist of requirements and secure a Drivers License Application Form. (This form is available for download at their website. You can accomplish this form prior to transacting your business at the LTO.) Get a queue number and wait for your number to be called.
- When your number is called, proceed to evaluator counter and submit all the required documents and have it checked for completeness and authenticity.
- Proceed to the Photo taking /Signature Area to have your picture and signature taken when your name is called.
- Proceed to the Cashier when your name is called to pay the application fee.
- Proceed to the Examination Room for the lecture and written exam.
- After passing the written examination, wait for your name to be called for the practical exam.
- After passing the practical examination, proceed to the Cashier when your name is called for payment of necessary fees and obtain an Official Receipt.
- Proceed to the Releasing Counter when your name is called, present the Official Receipt and claim the Card type license.
- Duly accomplished Application form for Drivers License (ADL) Download this form here: http://www.lto.gov.ph/
- Valid Student Permit (at least 5 month old / NP 4 month old)
- Medical Certificate with Official Receipt (from LTO accredited or Government physician)
- Negative drug test result (from a DOH accredited drug testing center & Government Hospital)
- Taxpayers Identification Number (TIN)
- NBI or Police or Court Clearance
- Must have passed the written and practical examinations
Office Locations & Contacts
LTO Central Office
East Avenue, Quezon City
(02) 8922 9061 to 63
Note: NTC issued Memorandum Order No. 10-10-2017 last October 27, 2017, directing all telecommunications providers in the country to migrate all its customers to eight-digit telephone numbers.
3000-YYYY to 3499-YYYY – Bayan Telecommunications, Inc.
6000-YYYY to 6699-YYYY – ABS-CBN Converge, Inc.
6700-YYYY to 6999-YYYY – Eastern Telecommunication Philippines/ Telecommunications Technologies Philippines Inc.
7XXX-YYYY – Globe Telecom, Inc./ Innove Communications, Inc.
8XXX-YYYY – PLDT, Inc./ Digital Telecommunications Philippines, Inc.
A customer who still incorrectly dials the old seven-digit number will hear a special announcement saying the format has been changed to eight-digit, for a period of three months after the migration (March 18, 2019 to June 17, 2019).
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years old.
- Must be physically and mentally fit to operate a motor vehicle.
- Must not be a drug user or alcoholic.
- Must not be afflicted with any contagious disease or epilepsy.
- Must be able to read and write in Filipino or English.
- Must be clean, neat and presentable.
Application Fee - 100.00
Computer Fee - 67.63
TOTAL - 167.63
License Fee - 350.00
Computer Fee - 67.63
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- An applicant must both pass the LTO Written Exam and Driving Exam before being granted with a Non-Professional / Professional driver's license. If the applicant fails the tests, the applicant should wait for another month before being able to take the tests again.
- An applicant can apply for a Non-Professional Drivers License to your nearest Licensing Center/ District office with Driving License transactions.
- An applicant can download for the official LTO Application for Drivers License (ADL) Form to their website: http://www.lto.gov.ph/
- The window names/titles in a licensing office may differ from branches. Do not be confused. Just follow their instructions.
- Full Name
- Present Address
- Birth Date
- Blood Type
- Telephone / Cell phone Number
- Tax Identification Number (TIN)
- Birth Place
- Father and Mothers Name
- Spouse Name
- Employers Business Name and Telephone Number
- Employers Business Address
Need for the Document
In the Philippines, to be able to drive on public roads, a person must first secure a driver' license. Following is a procedure on how you can apply for a professional driver's license.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Land Transportation Office (LTO) website: http://www.lto.gov.ph/
More information which might help people.