Philippines - Apply for Affirmation of Recognition as Filipino Citizen
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Gather the checklist of required documents from either at the Public Information and Assistance Unit (PIAU) at BI G/F Main Office or from the official BI Website.
- Submit the documents for pre-screening to the Central Receiving Unit (CRU)
- Get the Order of Payment Slip (OPS).
- Pay the required fees.
- Submit copy of Official Receipt.
- Attend hearing. Please refer to the Official Receipt for the schedule and venue of the hearing.
- If approved, claim Identification Certificate.
- letter request addressed to the Commissioner from either of the applicant's father/mother or both parents, or from the legal guardian (if the applicant is below 18 years old)
- photocopy of the applicant's passport bio-page
- photocopy of the petitioning parent/s' passport bio-page
- order of recognition and Filipino Identification Certificate issued by the Bureau, if already issued.
Office Locations & Contacts
Department of Foreign Affairs
DFA Home Office
2330 Roxas Boulevard
Metro Manila, Philippines
Office of Consular Affairs
Bradco Avenue, corner
ASEANA Business Park
Paranaque City, Metro Manila
Telephone:(632) 8 834-4000 (632) 8 834-3000
8 234 3488 (For Passport Appointment Concerns)
8 651 9400 (For Passport, Authentication, & Other Consular Inquiries)
Note: NTC issued Memorandum Order No. 10-10-2017 last October 27, 2017, directing all telecommunications providers in the country to migrate all its customers to eight-digit telephone numbers.
3000-YYYY to 3499-YYYY – Bayan Telecommunications, Inc.
6000-YYYY to 6699-YYYY – ABS-CBN Converge, Inc.
6700-YYYY to 6999-YYYY – Eastern Telecommunication Philippines/ Telecommunications Technologies Philippines Inc.
7XXX-YYYY – Globe Telecom, Inc./ Innove Communications, Inc.
8XXX-YYYY – PLDT, Inc./ Digital Telecommunications Philippines, Inc.
A customer who still incorrectly dials the old seven-digit number will hear a special announcement saying the format has been changed to eight-digit, for a period of three months after the migration (March 18, 2019 to June 17, 2019).
A foreign national who was recognized as Filipino citizen for a certain period of time.
- Certification Fee: 500. 00
- DOJ Processing Fee: 500. 00
- Legal Research Fee: 10. 00
- Identification Certificate: 3, 000. 00
- Service Fee: 5, 000. 00
- Legal Research Fee (LRF) for each immigration fee except Head Tax and Fines: 30. 00
- Express Fee (Certification): 500. 00
- Express Fee (Filing): 500. 00
- Express Fee (IC Processing): 500. 00
- TOTAL: PHP 11, 540. 00
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
This service is currently available at the Bureau of Immigration's Main Office. You may use the contact information below to ask if you may submit your application at a Regional Office.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
Following are the procedures on how to apply for affirmation of recognition as Filipino Citizen.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.