Peru - Register a Birth
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- You may apply in any national registry offices.
- Submit certificate of live birth.
- The respondent must be able to present an ID; for foreigners, Alien Card or Passport or Identity Card.
- For questions, comments or suggestions, call: AL RENIEC 0800-11040.
- Certificate of Live Birth (original), which must be signed and sealed by a competent professional or evidence given by a person authorized by the Ministry of Health confirmed having attended or childbirth, or Affidavit of political authority, judicial and religious confirming the birth provided that in the place where the birth occurred there is no professional or other competent person.
- ID of / the respondent / s; foreigners should submit an original and simple copy of Alien Card or Passport or Identity Card.
Office Locations & Contacts
National Registry of Identification and Civil Status
National Hotline: 0800-11040
Contact Numbers: (511) 315-270 / (511) 315-4000
Email Contact Form: http://www.reniec.gob.pe/portal/homeContacto.htm
- Registry Offices:
- Regional Headquarters:
- View Registry Offices using Google Maps:
Following are individuals who can make the registration of minors:
Parents individually or together. It must be proven that the parents are unable to register the minor bofore the following are allowed to complete the registration process; grandparents, older siblings, older siblings of the parent, the directors of Protection , directors of schools, the representative of the Attorney General, the representative of the Ombudsman for Children.
Registration of birth is free.
Issuance of the copy of registration for the first time is also free.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
The registration procedure and the release of the certified copy of registration will be done immediately.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Birth that occurred in Peru must be registered within 60 calendar days starting from the day following the birth. It is not necessary that the child is physically present at the time of registration.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
The Birth Registry is a record by the RENIEC, which is part of the Birth Vital Fact of all Peruvians, plus other events are recorded, among which are: recognition of parents, adoptions, among others. Registry is done in an Act, which remains in the custody of RENIEC. Birth certificates are legal documents that certifies the name of a person, also, among its effects are the grant Peruvian nationality, proof of affiliation links, among others.
Following are procedures on how to register a birth.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- Registration of Birth:
More information which might help people.