Peru - Register Birth From Abroad
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- You may apply in any national registry offices.
- Submit any document that can prove the birth of the child.
- The respondent must be able to present an ID; for foreigners, Alien Card or Passport or Identity Card.
- For questions, comments or suggestions, call: AL RENIEC 0800-11040.
- Document proving the birth, officially translated into Spanish if it is issued in a foreign language, apostille and legalized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- ID of / the respondent / s, in case one of the respondents was a foreigner, submit an original and simple copy of Alien Card or Passport or Identity Card.
Office Locations & Contacts
National Registry of Identification and Civil Status
National Hotline: 0800-11040
Contact Numbers: (511) 315-270 / (511) 315-4000
Email Contact Form: http://www.reniec.gob.pe/portal/homeContacto.htm
- Registry Offices:
- Regional Headquarters:
- View Registry Offices using Google Maps:
- Foreign-born Peruvians, who have not been registered at the Consular Office and provided they have taken up residence in Peru.
Registration of birth is free.
Issuance of the copy of registration for the first time is also free.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
The registration procedure and the release of the certified copy of registration will be done immediately.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Registration of birth abroad must be made within 60 calendar days following the birth. After this period, the entry will be made ??extemporaneously (late registration).
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
The Birth Registry is a record by the RENIEC, which is part of the Birth Vital Fact of all Peruvians, plus other events are recorded, among which are: recognition of parents, adoptions, among others. Registry is done in an Act, which remains in the custody of RENIEC. Birth certificates are legal documents that certifies the name of a person, also, among its effects are the grant Peruvian nationality, proof of affiliation links, among others.
Following are procedures on how to register a birth from abroad.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- Registration of Birth:
More information which might help people.