Peru - Register Adopting an Adult (Judicial Mandate)
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- You may apply in any national registry offices.
- Submit all required documents.
- The parties in the adoption must be able to present an ID; for foreigners, Alien Card or Passport or Identity Card.
- Pay all necessary fee.
- For questions, comments or suggestions, call: AL RENIEC 0800-11040.
- Application signed by the declarant with an Affidavit.
- Office and court partly accepted or enforceable accordingly.
- Certified Copy of Original Birth Certificate, archiving material.
- ID's of the adopted and / the adopter / s intervening / s or legal guardians; foreigners should submit an original and simple copy of Alien Card or Passport or Identity Card.
- Receipt of Payment for Administrative Rights.
- Document certifying the representation, in the case of legal representatives.
Office Locations & Contacts
National Registry of Identification and Civil Status
National Hotline: 0800-11040
Contact Numbers: (511) 315-270 / (511) 315-4000
Email Contact Form: http://www.reniec.gob.pe/portal/homeContacto.htm
- Registry Offices:
- Regional Headquarters:
- View Registry Offices using Google Maps:
Provide eligibility criteria's for going through this procedure.
- Registration Fee: S/. 11.90
You can pay through the following:
- National Bank
- Banco de Credito del Peru (Subject to bank fee)
- In the registry offices using your debit or credit card.
- Online using your VISA affiliated card
- Multiservice Virtual Platforms (PVMs) at the following addresses:
- EREP Office RENIEC - Av Javier Prado Este 990 - San Isidro
- CC Real Plaza Civic Center - Downtown Lima
- CC Jockey Plaza (2nd floor Fast Food) - Santiago de Surco
- C.C. Minka - Callao
- CC MegaPlaza - Independence
- National Bank Agency-Jr. Lampa 801, Cercado de Lima
- Registry Office Jess Mara - Jr. Talara 130
- CC Plaza Lima Sur - Chorrillos
- MAC Callao - Mall Aventura Plaza - Av. Oscar R. Benavides 3866
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
- Registration Procedure: Ten working days.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
The adoption of adults with relative or absolute inability, can only be applied in the courts, also can be obtained in the courts to adopt seniors with exercise capacity.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
Adoption is a process whereby a person assumes the parenting for another and, in effect, permanently transfers all rights and responsibilities, along with filiation, from the biological parent or parents.
Following are procedures that is part of the adoption of an adult when the judge has declared its adoption.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- Adoption, meaning:
- Registering Adoption:
More information which might help people.