Peru - Apply for Duplicate DNI Identity Card
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Obtain all necessary documents.
- Go to any RENIEC office to apply or do the procedure via WEB or PVM
- To find out the status of your application, follow link: https://cel.reniec.gob.pe/estadoTramite/
- Collecting the card:
- You may pick up the card in the RENIEC office where you applied or the office indicated at the time of the procedure via WEB or PVM.
- If you applied online or through a PVM, you must pick up the ID yourself (no exceptions)
- If you applied through in a RENIEC office and in exceptional cases the owner (or respondent in case of lower DNI ) can not appear in person to collect the card, you can have somebody to collect it for you, by bringing the ticket to pick up, a power of attorney with right index fingerprint and signature of the holder of identity card readable processed (or declarant ID in case of minors)
- To have any information changed, see: "Correction Renewal" on the website. If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, call: ALO RENIEC 0800-11040 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Receipt of payment.
- If the ID belongs to a child, the child must be present when applying for the duplicate. For pickup only need to do the declarant (parent or guardian), ie who accompanied the child to perform the procedure.
Office Locations & Contacts
National Registry of Identification and Civil Status
National Hotline: 0800-11040
Contact Numbers: (511) 315-270 / (511) 315-4000
Email Contact Form: http://www.reniec.gob.pe/portal/homeContacto.htm
- Registry Offices:
- Regional Headquarters:
- View Registry Offices using Google Maps:
Provide eligibility criteria's for going through this procedure.
- Duplicate through the Registry Office or Agency RENIEC RENIEC:
- Up before age seventeen (17) years: S /. 16.00 soles
- From seventeen (17) years up: S /. 23.00 soles.
- Duplicate via the Web or Multiservice Virtual Platform (MVP): S /. 20.00 (for ages 17 and older)
- From 65 years: Free
- People with Disabilities: Free
You can pay through the following:
- National Bank
- Banco de Credito del Peru (Subject to bank fee)
- In the registry offices using your debit or credit card.
- Online using your VISA affiliated credit card
- PVM Multiservice Virtual Platforms, to see list:
DNI's issued to 17 year olds will be valid for eight years and will be blue, similar to that of adults. This document must include a number of polling stations that will be activated when the holder turns 18.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Delivery of DNI varies according to the type of procedure performed. When performing the procedure, on the ticket of the form will indicate the approximate date of pickup. Also, to check the status of your transaction by calling (Toll free) 0800-11040, visit website www.reniec.gob.pe or sending an email to inquiries@RENIEC.gob.pe
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
A National Identification Card is an identity card that each citizen or resident in a country is issued and required to carry and display under certain circumstances.
In case you misplaced, lost or damaged your ID card, you may asked for a duplicate copy. Following are procedures to obtain a duplicate identity card.
Information which might help
DNI with English translation
This type of Identity Card is given in all proceedings initiated in the Consulates of Peru in the world as well as those Peruvians making its passage through Peru who have proven their residence abroad. For more information, please write to: email@example.com from abroad or call toll-free nationwide at 0-800-11 RENIEC Alo -040 or the Chat RENIEC
- Follow link to see a sample:
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.