Peru - Apply for DNI Identity Card (from 17 Years)
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Obtain all necessary documents.
- Go to any registry office to apply.
- To find out the status of your application, follow link: https://cel.reniec.gob.pe/estadoTramite/
- You may pick up the card in the RENIEC office where you applied or you can request that it will be send to another office (subject to additional cost)
- In case the applicant(or respondent in case of lower DNI) can not come in person to pick up the card, you can have someone to pick it up for you by bringing the ticket to pick up the card, a power of attorney with right index fingerprint and legible signature of the declarant of ID.
- Receipt of payment.
- Certified copy of birth certificate issued by Civil Registrar.
- Utility bill (water, telephone, property tax, excise) in original and copy, no more than six months old.
- A current passport photo, frameless, colored, white background, front view, no clothes on the head, except religious, no glasses and no retouching.
- Affidavit parent or brother or two seniors who know the applicant (if the date to perform the procedure is 20 or more years)
- Certificate of disability (RM 372-2000-SA/DM) or similar, Executive Resolution CONADIS, certificate or proof of special education center stating disabling condition.
Office Locations & Contacts
National Registry of Identification and Civil Status
National Hotline: 0800-11040
Contact Numbers: (511) 315-270 / (511) 315-4000
Email Contact Form: http://www.reniec.gob.pe/portal/homeContacto.htm
- Registry Offices:
- Regional Headquarters:
- View Registry Offices using Google Maps:
Peruvian citizens aged 17 years old.
- S /. Soles 29.00
- Applicant from 65 years: Free
- People with Disabilities: Free
You can pay through the following:
- National Bank
- Banco de Credito del Peru (Subject to bank fee)
- In the registry offices using your debit or credit card.
- Online using your VISA affiliated card
- PVM Multiservice Virtual Platforms, to see list:
DNI's issued to 17 year olds will be valid for eight years and will be blue, similar to that of adults. This document must include a number of polling stations that will be activated when the holder turns 18.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Delivery of DNI varies according to the type of procedure performed. When performing the procedure, on the ticket of the form will indicate the approximate date of pickup. Also, to check the status of your transaction by calling (Toll free) 0800-11040, visit website www.reniec.gob.pe or sending an email to inquiries@RENIEC.gob.pe
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
You can submit your application to various registry offices.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
A National Identification Card is an identity card that each citizen or resident in a country is issued and required to carry and display under certain circumstances.
Information which might help
DNI with English translation
This type of Identity Card is given in all proceedings initiated in the Consulates of Peru in the world as well as those Peruvians making its passage through Peru who have proven their residence abroad. For more information, please write to: firstname.lastname@example.org from abroad or call toll-free nationwide at 0-800-11 RENIEC Alo -040 or the Chat RENIEC
- Follow link to see a sample:
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.