Paraguay - Obtain Police Clearance Certificate (Background Certificate, Certificado de Antecedentes)
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
Applying process in Paraguay for citizen and non-citizen.
- a. Apply in-person
- Applicant shall apply in-person Or through a representative at “The Department of Identifications”.
- Contact link : link
- Address :
The Department of Identifications,
Denis Roa esq. Avda Boggiani,
Asunción – Paraguay,
Ph : 021 605-621 Legal Division
021 602-169 Headquarters
- Applicant/representative shall go to the respective office. Don’t forget to take the required copy of documents along with originals to the office.
- Please follow as per authorities guidelines and submit the completed application along with documents. #Applicant/representative should pay for any charges if required as advised.
- This application will be processed by respective department.
- The certificate can be collected from the office where applicant applied in-person upon notification or issued as per norms.
- Citizen while abroad can use representative to apply.
- Representative should carry the following while applying.
- written authorization
- ID card or passport.
Applying process – overseas for citizen and non-citizen.
- A. Apply through embassy or consulate in person
- Applicant can apply at their nearest embassy or consulate in person.
- Link for contact : link
- Application form can be obtained from the embassy. Call the office and fix appointment for personal visit. Also find out the details for this procedure.
- On the scheduled date, go to the office with all the document in original and in copy. Please follow as per officer guidelines to process your application.
- This application will be processed by the respective department. The completed certificates are forwarded to the concern.
- Applicant shall collect the certificate with the respective office upon notification or can get it delivered as per norms applicable.
- Valid identity document (identity card, passport, driving license).
- Valid passport.
- Paraguayan Identity Card
- A copy of your passport while living in Paraguay.
- A copy of your permit of stay in Paraguay, passport number and place of issue as well.
- Proofs of legal stay (copy of passport held during the said period with respective stamp and seal).
- Application form
- Valid citizen proof with photo (respective ID’s issued by respective nation).
- Email ID (useful to communicate issues with respect to your application)
- A self-addressed envelope with or without stamps (as required).
- Valid contact number (applicant can be communicated)
- Passport-size photos.
- Birth certificate (as per requirement).
- Written authorization
Office Locations & Contacts
- Applicant with valid passport and a valid address proof.
- Age: 16 years and above. In case of minors, the application must be submitted by the parent exercising parental authority, if the minor has not turned 16 years.
- The current address of the applicant must be same as in the passport and other supporting documents.
- Applicants who are in need of residential status, employment or long term visa or for immigration to a foreign nation.
- Gs. 21,000 (Paraguayan Guarani)
- Fee/charge varies for case to case. Updated fee requirement will be provided by respective authorities while applying.
Validity norms vary from country to country.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
- Immediate when applied in person.
- Processing time varies with respect to the country from where applied.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- You should apply for a Certificado de Antecedentes at the Polica Nacional, Departamento de Identificaciones in Asuncion in person or through a representative authorized in writing to act on the applicants behalf.
You must present your Cedula de Identidad document.
- You should apply through the Paraguayan embassy or consulate. Alternatively, You may fax or mail a copy of your cedula and a written authorization to a close relative(your father, mother, son, daughter or spouse) to apply on your behalf.
Police clearance (Good Conduct) Certificate is an important document which serves as a proof that the person has no criminal record or previously involved in criminal, breach of trust cases or violation of law both in his home country and during his residence in Paraguay. Both locals and expats are supposed to obtain this certificate.
Conditions and Instructions:
- All compulsory fields should be filled in.
- Make sure all entered information is correct.
- Make sure all required documents are provided.
The applicant must provide a full set of his/her fingerprints, preferably taken at their nearest police station. The applicants full name, surname, date of birth, place of birth and identity number must also be recorded on the fingerprint form. A copy of the applicants identity document or passport must accompany the application. The applicant must present their identity document at the police station, as proof of identity will be required.
Need for the Document
A police certificate is an official document issued by police or government agency of a country to enumerate any criminal records that the applicant may or may not have. Criminal records may include arrest, conviction, and possibly criminal proceedings.
Police certificate is also known as good citizen certificate, good conduct certificate, police clearance certificate, or judicial record extracts. Applicants may have to submit fingerprints and certain personal information to request a criminal record check, and the police or government agency may charge a fee. If no record found, the police certificate will indicate such.
Information which might help
Relevant document: Certificado de Antecedentes.
Residents: Apply in person to the address above.
Provide: ID cedula.
Non-residents: Apply to the Department office processing your application.
Application to include: a completed Form 80 (including ID number).
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
In many immigration cases you may be requested by relevant Government to present Police Clearance Certificate from another country where you have resided for some time. If you are going through immigration process, you will definitely be asked for such a certificate.
Remember to provide the following information.
- Your full name as on your birth certificate including your maiden name if applicable
- Your date and place of birth (or a copy of your birth certificate)
- Your current address
- All addresses at which you have lived at in Paraguay and when you lived there
- The place and purpose for which you require the Certificate
- The applicant must specify the parentage of the applicant (names of father and mother).