Paraguay - Apply for a consular passport
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
To apply for a new passport, applicants must send by post to the Embassy the following:
- Passport Application Form, duly completed and signed by the applicant. Forms can be obtained from the Embassy or download here http://embassyofparaguay.ca/eng/downloads/PassCons.pdf
- For applications for the issue of consular machine readable passports, applicants (Paraguayan nationals) must provide the Mission diplomatic and / or consular post your personal data (name, Identity Card, date and place of birth, etc..).
- The (original and duplicate) appropriate application form must be completed in capital letters and block letters. Written form with illegible handwriting will be rejected. The consular officer is responsible for verifying the clarity of the information provided in the application form.
1.Passport Application Form, duly completed and signed by the applicant.
2. Photocopy of the Paraguayan Cedula de Identidad, both sides (preferable in color). Do not send the original.
3. Photocopy of the Paraguayan passport about to expire or expired (from the page with personal data and of the last renovation, if the case. Preferable in color). Do not send the original passport.
4. A recent photo size 5 x 7 cm, white background (Canadian passport type).
5. Signature card obtainable at the Embassy or download here: http://www.embassyofparaguay.ca/eng/downloads/SignatureCard.pdf
6. Minors (under 18 years old): applications must be signed by both parents. Otherwise, the signatory must justify custody of the minor or send Death Certificate of the deceased parent. If one of the parents is not in Canada, he/she must send a notarial authorization for the issuance of the Passport to the minor.
Office Locations & Contacts
Please contact the Embassy by e-mail: [email protected]
Ministry of foreign affairs Paraguay
Address: Palm and May 14 "Benigno Lpez Palacio"
Telephone: (595-21) 493928, (595-21) 493902, (595-21) 445 536
Every Paraguayan citizen is entitled to apply for a new passport. All citizens abroad are entitled for a consular passport
$55.00 (fifty-five U.S. dollars)
Consular Passports are valid for a period of five years and are not renewable.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Processing time: between 5-6 weeks
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- The Paraguayan consular passport can be issued for Paraguayan citizens if they live abroad. The consular passports are printed at the headquarters of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Asuncion and delivered through embassies and consulates.
- The issuance of consular passports for natural Paraguayans living abroad must have prior consultation and authorization of the Passport and Consular Services (DPSC). The request for authorization must provide detailed circumstances that motivate the requested report.
- Once Passport is received at the Embassy, applicant must attend personally to the Embassy to sign it and to pay the fee payable by Money Order or Draft check to the Embassy of Paraguay. For more information about personal attendance, please contact directly with the Embassy.
- Applicant name
- Date of birth
- Place of birth
- Id no
Need for the Document
Diplomatic missions and consular abroad may issue consular passports to residents natural Paraguayans abroad,
Information which might help
The Identification Department of the National Police is the institution responsible for issuing identity cards of people, so the diplomatic missions and consular offices are not authorized to include the married name in consular passports. The applicant is responsible for performing the appropriate steps before the Identification Department of the National Police in case you want to include in his name to married name. This management must be pre-application of consular passport in which the inclusion of married name is requested.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
At the request of a compatriot, the defeated consular passports can be replaced by new consular passports issued by diplomatic missions or consular posts. In these cases, consular passports replaced shall be canceled. However, with prior request, the expired passport may be delivered to the applicant again, either because they have visas and / or residence of the receiving State (country of residence of the passport holder). In the case of destruction, cancellation, loss or theft of the passport should be reported immediately to the Passport and Consular Services, through Consular Information System (SIC).The cancellation takes place across a diagonal stripe on each blank page, by inserting the words "VOID".