Northern Ireland - Apply for Maintenance Loan
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
To easiest way to apply for a Student Finance is online. Creating an account can be completed in 10 minutes. LINK
You will need to enter your National Insurance number when you apply for a loan.
You can register online without your National Insurance number, but Student Finance Northern Ireland will need it before they can pay any loan.
List down the documents required for successfully completing the procedure. e.g. 1. Proof of child birth from the Hospital.
Office Locations & Contacts
Student Finance Northern Ireland
- Phone: 0300 100 0077
- Minicom: 0300 100 0625 You must have access to a Minicom device in order to use this service
Monday to Friday - 8.00 am to 8.00 pm
Saturday and Sunday - 9.00 am to 4.00 pm
Maintenance Loans are offered to full-time UK students. Part-time students, EU students and students aged 60 and over cant apply.
Your qualification for student finance depends on:
Your university or college: Must be in the UK and either:
- publicly funded (paid for by the government); or
- privately funded but running individual courses that receive public funding.
Your course: The course must be offered in the UK, and one of the following:
- a first degree, eg BA, BSc or BEd
- a Foundation Degree
- a Certificate of Higher Education
- a Diploma of Higher Education (DipHE)
- a Higher National Certificate (HNC)
- a Higher National Diploma (HND)
- a Postgraduate Certificate of Education (PGCE)
- Initial Teacher Training
Note: Get in touch with your university or college that ask if your course is recognised.
If youve studied a higher education course before: Generally, youll only get student finance if youre doing your first higher education qualification. This is true even if your previous course was self-funded.
However, you may still get limited funding if, for example:
- you change course
- you leave your course but decide to start again
- youre topping up a higher education qualification, eg youve finished an HNC, HND or Foundation Degree and now want to do an honours degree
Your age: To apply for a Maintenance Loan you have to be under 60 at the start of the course.
Your nationality or residency status:
- Applicants must be a UK national or have settled status (no restrictions on how long you can stay)
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Maintenance Loan for living costs: Applicants may be asked to give details of their household income. The loan is paid directly into the applicants bank account at the start of term. Applicants will have to pay the loan back.
- Complete name
- Date of birth
- Town of birth
- National Insurance number (optional)
Need for the Document
A Maintenance Loan helps with your living costs and is paid to you in installments throughout the academic year.
Following is a procedure on how students can apply for a Maintenance Loan.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- Student Finance Northern Ireland - Website:
More information which might help people.