Nigeria - Register for a Police Biometric Central Motor Registry
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Steps to register on police biometric central motor registry.
There are five (5) steps a vehicle owner will take to get registered on the PoliceBCMR system;
- STEP ONE
Log on to www.policebcmr.org for your pre-registration, enter your personal data and that of your vehicle registration particulars (a valid vehicle license, insurance certificate, proof of ownership and MOT certificate) from here a payee ID and access code will be generated for you.
- Note: For computer illiterate, visit any nearest designated PoliceBCMR registration center or cyber caf close to you for help.
- STEP TWO
Take the payee ID to the nearest designated bank to purchase the BCMR pin for biometric capture. There is an option to pay online with your ATM card or buy PoliceBCMR scratch card to get the BCMR pin.
- STEP THREE
Take your BCMR pin to the nearest policeBCMR center, alongside the original copies of your vehicle particulars (a valid vehicle license, insurance certificate, proof of ownership and MOT certificate) for verification. Here your biometrics and details of your original vehicle registration particulars will be uploaded to the PoliceBCMR database.
- STEP FOUR
After successful capturing of your details on the PoliceBCMR database, a temporary slip will be printed for you as a proof of your registration pending the readiness of your PoliceBCMR smart card.
- STEP FIVE
You will receive an sms notifying that your PoliceBCMR smart card is ready for pickup at the bank where you registered.
- Tax Identification Number (TIN),
- Commercial Invoice,
- Bill of Lading,
- Insurance certificate,
- Certificate of Origin,
- Permits (if necessary),
- Original and translated certificates of cancellation or permanent export,
- Photocopy of importer Identity Cards or Passport.
- Proof of vehicle ownership
Office Locations & Contacts
- Police Biometric Central Motor Registry
Address: Internet Office, 6th floor,
The Nigeria Police Force Headquarters,
Louis Edet House,
Shehu Shagari Way,
Central Area Abuja.
email Email : email@example.com
email Phone : Mobile: +234 808 176 8417
email Contact Person: CSP Hamzat Adebola(OC. ICT)
- List of Accredited Centers http://www.policebcmr.org/Setup/ListAccreditedCenter
To be eligible you must be owning a Vehicle in Nigeria
The registration for PBCMR is for free of charge
The PBCMR is valid until you transfer the Vehicle to another owner.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
This process is instant
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- The owner of the Vehicle has to renew the registration with the inspector of Vehicle Offices in Nigeria by law.
- A Compulsory police biometric central motor registry is required before the Government agency will approve you to drive on the road and the renewal.
- You must appear in person for registration of PBCMR smart Card.
- An inspection report which details the specifics of the vehicle and the corresponding road test done to check the vehicle is in a good condition before it is permitted to be used on the public roads of Nigeria.
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Valid identity proof
- The Customs Value (CIF Value)
- The Engine Size
- The date of Manufacturing the Car
Need for the Document
Police Biometric Central Motor Registry is a technological means of attaching automobile owners special and unique biological characteristics (biometrics) and personal data to their vehicles for authentication, protection, crime prevention and detection purposes which operates on a smart card and handheld card reader. This is also a specially developed enterprise solution for centralization and validation of vehicle documents in order to create and authenticate the database for police operational use in crime management nationwide.
Particularly for countries in West Africa where band width is low for efficient telecommunication and internet connectivity coupled with inconsistent GPRS that has been an hindrance to efficient automobile tracking technologies. The Handheld device does not rely or need internet connectivity and electricity to operate anywhere in the country.
Information which might help
- There Various categories to register a Vehicle.
- Corporate Vehicle Registration: is for organizations to register their vehicles. Vehicle(s) can be addedto the registry, managed after the owner details is submitted.
- Dealer Registration: This is for Vehicle Dealers to register their vehicles before sales. Vehicle(s) can be added to the registry, managed after the dealer details is submitted.
- Government registration : This category is for Government own vehicles. Vehicle(s) can be added to the registry, managed after the owner details is submitted.
- Individual registration : Individuals Registration allows individual vehicle owners to register their vehicles. Vehicle(s) can be added to registration, managed after the owner details is submitted.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- Enhanced Incident Reporting
- Makes tracking down of stolen vehicles easy
- Police will be able to contact automobile owners in real time should the need arise
- Information broadcast to field officers handheld device
- Crime Watch list
- Forensic Analysis
- Face matching (pictures and videos)
- Information Broadcast to field officers Handheld device
- Usage of Handheld terminal with and without Smartcards
- Vehicle Owner Document Expiry Notification
- Incidents type (Stolen Vehicle, Accidents)
More information which might help people.