Nigeria - Register for Social Investment Trust Fund
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
The law stipulates that all employees, employed in a Nigerian incorporated company to contribute a certain percentage of their salary to the fund. The rate of contributions is defined as follows, where the contributor is an employee, 2.5% of his salary subject to a maximum of N 1,200 per annum; Where the contributor is an employer, 5% of basic salary subject.
- This Tax is collected on behalf of the Trust Fund by the Federal Inland Revenue Service.
- The applicant is required to fill a form
- Submit the form with the attachment of all required documents.
- Make the necessary payments in the bank.
- Then issued with the certificate of payment,
The registration requirements are as follows:
- A copy of certificate of incorporation.
- List of staff and their annual salaries.
- The Directors Tax Clearance Certificates (now Electronic Tax Clearance Certificate)
- Letter of application for registration of Education Tax.
Office Locations & Contacts
- Internal Revenue Service
The Good Shepherd House,
Block H,Plot H1,CBD,
Telephone: 08059889830, 07034954595
- NIGERIAN SOCIAL INVESTMENT TRUST FUND (NSITF)
- CORPORATE HEADQUARTERS
Plot 794, Mohammadu Buhari WayCentral Business Area,
P.M.B. 446, Garki, Abuja Nigeria
- visit the following link for offices located national wide.
All employees employed in a Nigerian incorporated company.
The rate of contributions is defined as follows, where the contributor is an employee, 2.5% of his salary subject to a maximum of N 1,200 per annum; Where the contributor is an employer, 5% of basic salary subject.
Valid for 1 year
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Processing is immediate
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
All Companies must register for Social investment Fund, and be familiar with the rules relating to the filing of investment fund returns and how the fund is calculated.The registration to get a social investment trust fund file number generally involves a few minutes. .
- Name of Taxpayer
- Taxpayer Identification Number
- Business Name or Trade Name of Taxpayer
- Bank Details
- Name of Bank
- Bank branch
- Account Number
- Type of Business
- Total Income Chargeable Income Total Tax Payable
- Details of Salary paid and social investment fund deducted by the company.
Need for the Document
This Fund is governed by the NSITF Decree, and requires everybody employed in a Nigerian incorporated company to contribute a certain percentage of their salary to the fund.
This contribution is based on the assumption that the maximum basic salary in Nigeria is N48, 000 per annum; Expatriates are excluded from this requirement where they can show proof of a similar contribution in their home country. The rate of contributions is defined as follows, where the contributor is an employee, 2.5% of his salary subject to a maximum of N 1,200 per annum; Where the contributor is an employer, 5% of basic salary subject.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.