Nigeria - Register as a Teacher
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
1. To Register for TRCN Number as a teacher, visit http://www.trcn.gov.ng/
2. Click on Teacher Registration online
3. Enter your Identification card number or passport number and surname
4. Click Next
5. A new form will appear, asking for the remaining information, i.e names, address, e.t.c
6. After clicking next, a page will appear asking to upload documents. List and attach the documents.
7. Once the documents have been attached, click upload. Once attachement at a time.
8. After uploading, click next and continue filling the form. .
- You will need to scan and upload
- Certified copies of academic and professional certificates ,the national identity card and(1) passport photo size.
- Entry and work permits for non-Nigerian.
Office Locations & Contacts
- JOINT ADMISSIONS AND MATRICULATION BOARD
National Secretariat, Suleja
P.M.B. 169, Garki, Abuja
- FEDERAL INSPECTORATE OF EDUCATION
Block 'A', 2nd Floor, Open
University Complex, Area 3
P.M.B. 65, Garki, Abuja
- FEDERAL CIVIL SERVICE COMMISSION
National Assembly Complex
Tel: 09-234 1600
- FEDERAL CHARACTER COMMISSION
Block 2 (1/2/3), New Wing,
2nd Floor, 4B (249-25 7),
P.M.B. 5008, New Federal
Secretariat Complex, Shehu
Shagari Way, Maitama
- EDUCATION RESOURCES CENTRE
Wuse, Zone 7, P.O. Box 2946,
Tel: 09-5233 188; 5230410
- COUNCIL OF LEGAL EDUCATION
Nigeria Law School
Proposed Abuja Site, Ban,
Abuja (former Centre for
The applicant should be of good conduct, and holds a relevant certificate issued to him/her under any law relating to education and training.
- Registration is free
- Validity is indefinite.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
It takes 30 working days
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- The Teachers Registration Council (TRCN) does not accept paper applications.
- It is a serious offence to willfully give false information to the Teachers Service Commission
1.Identification number or passport number
2. Full names
6. Educational and professional qualifications
Need for the Document
Teachers Registration Council of Nigeria, TRCN is an agency of the Federal Ministry of Education of Nigeria is an Independent government Regulatory council established under the Constitution of Nigeria to manage human resource within the education sector.
It is here where the registration of new teachers takes place. It was established by the TRCN Decree N0. 31 of 1993 (now TRCN Act CAP T3 of 2004). The major mandates are the regulation and control of the Teaching Profession at all levels of the Nigerian Education system, both in the public and private sectors.
Information which might help
To promote the exchange of ideas/best practices and to lead the development of knowledge, skills and orientation in the teaching profession, TRCN instituted an annual journal titled Nigerian Journal of Professional Teachers (NJPT),
The work of the Teachers regulatory Council of Nigeria is :
- Determining who are teachers for the purposes of the Act;
- Determining what standards of knowledge and skill are to be attained by persons seeking to become registered as teachers under this Act and raising those standards, from time to time, as circumstances may permit;
- Securing in accordance with the provisions of this Act the establishment and
maintenance of a register of teachers and the publication from time to time of the lists of those persons;
- Regulating and controlling the teaching profession (in this Act referred to as "the profession") in all its aspects and ramifications;
- Classifying from time to time members of the teaching profession according to their level of training and qualification;
- Performing through the Council established under this Act the functions conferred on it by this Act.
- The Council has perpetual succession and a common seal which shall be kept in such custody as the Council may, from time to time, authorise.
- The Council may sue and be sued in its corporate name and may, subject to the Land Use Act, hold, acquire and dispose of any property, movable or immovable.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.