Nigeria - Register a Youth group
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Organize yourselves in a group of at least 10 members
- Identify the mission, goals, and objectives of the group
- Ensure each of the group members has a national ID
- Form a constitution and memorandum of understanding
- Go to the Province youth Officer or State and register with the Social Development Office.
- Submit details of your group and fill the registration form.
- Have each member pay registration fees, and pay the certificate fees
- Obtain the certificate
- National Identity Cards Group Constitution.
- Group constitution draft.
- Names of the intending members with their signatures.
- Receipt of payment for registration form,
- Letter of referees from the local Authorities.
- Proposed Name of the Youth Group.
Office Locations & Contacts
- NATIONAL CIVIL REGISTRATION
Sokode Crescent by Michael
Okpara Street, Zone 5,
- NATIONAL INFORMATION & DOCUMENTATION CENTRE (NIDOC)
5th Floor, Wing B, Radio
House, Area 10, Garki, Abuja
- NATIONAL YOUTH SERVICE CORPS (NYSC)
J.S. Tarka Street, Off Festival
Road, Area 3, Garki, Abuja
P.M.B. 138, Abuja
Tel: 09-234 1465; 2341438; 2342190
- FEDERAL MINISTRY OF YOUTH & SPORT
New Federal Secretariat Complex, Maitama
Sule, Garki, Abuja
A group of 10 members with 70% of them aged between 18 and 35 (youths) are refereed to as youth in Nigeria.
Require fees is N 20,000 for certificate and registration .
It valid for 5 years the renew is required
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
It is processed in the 30 working days if all the documents are handed in on time.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Youths must organize themselves in a group of 10 people, look for the N.15000 (certificate fees) and 5000 (registration fees per member).
- Name of the Group
- Names of Members
- Proof of Identity for each member
- Mission and objectives of the Group
Need for the Document
The Government of Nigeria has established a Youth Fund that is aimed at arresting unemployment and giving youths opportunities to develop themselves. Youths must organize themselves in groups before they can access these funds. Here is a procedure for registering a Youth Group in Nigeria.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.