Nigeria - Obtain a Motorcycle Drivers License
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
Every country or state across the world offer its drivers certain options for obtaining motorcycle drivers license.
- A successful applicant is issued with a Drivers Certificate of Competency endorsed in respect of the class for which the test has been taken.
- The applicant is required to pay a prescribed fee at the Road Transport Department offices or any District Commissioners Office.
- An interim Driving License which is valid for 3 months is given to the applicant while waiting for the actual driving license.
- For obtaining a license motorcycle drivers road test is conducted passing which one can acquire license for riding bike
- License is a necessary element for every rider and a person has to fulfill certain criteria in order to obtain one in Nigeria.
- A motorcycle driver must possess at least 18 years of age along with sound skills of driving.
You can take the follow steps
- Go for an Initial training test to obtain a provisional permit,
- Go for an eye check up to test for colour blindness and vision;
- Go for the Road test
- Go to the drivers license office in Abuja or your district traffic office and get an application form;
- Fill the form accurately attach all the required documents and take it to the police station for testing and processing;
- When every thing is done , your application shall be viewed, stamped,
There after forms shall be returned to you; attach two passport photos and return the signed and stamped forms to the drivers license office.
- Make payment for the permit and ensure that you obtain a receipt.
After two (2) to three (3) days, the license will be ready and therefore you will have to go back.
- A signed and stamped eye test
- 2 copies of your drivers license (foreigners / visitors)
- Passport and drivers license(s)
- Identity card
- copy of your passport
- The stamped letter from your Embassy (in cases of foreigners with international permits)
- 3 passport photos
- Business Visa / residency visa (Visitors / foreigners)
Office Locations & Contacts
- Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC)
No. 3 Maputo Street.
Zone 3, Wuse, Abuja, Nigeria
Telephone No.: 122 (Emergency Toll free Line)
0700 2255 3772
0807- 769 0362 (Text Messages Only)
- The Federal Road Safety Commission (FRSC)
Telephone No.: 0700 - 2255 3772 (FRSC emergency contact number)
0807 - 7690 362 (FRSC emergency text message number)
Also following are information about processing centre who you can get in touch with : Driver License Processing Offices
- Contact addresses for Federal Road Safety Commission (FRSC)s processing offices in Nigeria can be obtained from https://www.nigeriadriverslicence.org/index.php/pages/processingOffice
- Contact addresses for accredited driving schools in Nigeria
can be obtained from https://www.nigeriadriverslicence.org/index.php/pages/drivingSchool
- Vehicle Inspection Office Driver and Vehicle Licensing Administration (VIO-DVLA)
Telephone: 234(0)813 813 813 7
- Federal Ministry of Transport
Dipcharima House, Central Business District,
P.M.B. 0336, Garki - Abuja.
Telephone: +234 9 2347451
Fax: +234 9 2347453
To be eligible to apply for a motorcycle license in Nigeria one must be eighteen (18) years an above..
The fees is N5000.
A permit is valid for 3 months (therefore, if a non citizen needs to stay for more than three (3) months in Nigeria, he /she must obtain a Nigerian Drivers License;
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
About 14 Days
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- Before applying for the drivers license, one must prove he she is eighteen (18) and above;
- Get the necessary Forms for the Licensing Office, Read carefully and fill in the required information.
- Make all the necessary payments
- Attach all the necessary documents required;
- Return the application form to the Licensing Office; and
- Appear in person to sign for your permit.
- Full Name of Applicant
- Name of mother
- Passport / Identity card Number
- Age and sex
- Date of Birth
Need for the Document
A drivers license legal document one requires in order to drive a vehicle on the road. A motor cycle drivers license is that legal document that permits a person to ride a motorcycle on the road. Thus it is illegal to ride a motorcycle without this legal document.
In Nigeria a drivers license is an affair comprising of two (2) pieces of paper glued together and laminated, one side has the picture of the owner and the other sheet has other details.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.