Nigeria - Obtain Permit for NonCommercial Flight Operations (PNCF)
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Application for the grant of a PNCF is required to submit a hand written Application to the Authority and may contain relevant documents to support the intended operations.
- The Authority if satisfied that the applicant has complied with the requirements for the grant or renewal of the PNCF, shall grant or renew the PNCF.
- The holder of a PNCF shall continue to demonstrate to the Authority its ability to meet the conditions set forth in the PNCF and the esources for the maintenance and safe operation of the aircraft.
- Each holder of a PNCF shall file with the Authority, a true copy of every contract or agreement affecting air transportation or any modification or cancellation thereof,between the holder and any other person including air carriers.
- A Certificate or notice of de-registration from the previous state of registry or a letter from the state of manufacture , if the aircraft is new and has never been registered in any other state, confirming non- registration. The de-registration certificate must be received by the| Authority directly from the state of registry and should never be presented by the applicant - should be State to State. Document(s) to prove the aircraft ownership, (e.g. Bill of Sale, e.t.c.);
- A copy of a government issued Identity Card (ID) or Passport if owned by an individual, or any other identification card approved by the Authority;
- A certified copy of the Certificate of incorporation if owned by a company;
- Names of the directors of the company owning or leasing the aircraft and their specimen signatures giving authority to register and/or operate the aircraft in Nigeria and indicating who among them has the mandate to transact on their behalf on matters relating to the aircraft registration and/or operation;
- A certified copy of the lease agreement if the aircraft is on lease with stamp duties paid;
- A certified copy of the power of attorney from the owner/lessor and the lessee, (both of them);
- A certified copy of an aircraft current Insurance Certificate; and
- Proof of payment of the prescribed fees (see Fees Schedule in the Nigeria CARs).
- a certified copy of Air Transport Licence (ATL), Air Operating Permit (AOP)
Office Locations & Contacts
- The Chairman, Regulations Committee
- Director General
Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority
Murtala Muhammed International Airport
P.M.B. 21029, 21038 Ikeja, Lagos.
- Nigeria Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA)
- Corporate Headquarters
Nnamdi Azikiwe Intl Airport,
Domestic Wing Abuja.
Tel: +234(1) 7610043, +234(1) 7610044
- Lagos Office
- Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA)
- AVIATION HOUSE
Murtala Muhammed Airport, PMB 21029,
Ikeja, Lagos Nigeria.
Tel: +234 (1) 4721521
It is eligible for citizens/residents of Nigeria engaging in Air transport Business.
- A citizen of Nigeria,
- An individual citizen of another State who is lawfully admitted for permanent residence in Nigeria,
- A corporation lawfully organised and doing business under the laws of Nigeria and the aircraft is based and primarily used in Nigeria,
- A government entity of Nigeria or political subdivision thereof; or
- A foreign person who has leased the aircraft to one of the persons described in paragraphs (i) (iv) above, provided that:
The Authority shall charge such fees as it may determine for processing the grant and renewal of PNCF.
The holder of PNCF shall pay such annual fee as may be determined by the Authority from time to time.
A PNCF shall be valid for a period of three (3) years and subject to renewal every three years on such terms and conditions as may be specified by the authority from time to time
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
The processing time is 3-6 months
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
A PNCF not utilized at the expiration of its validity period shall not be renewed by the authority notwithstanding, the holder of the PNCF may apply for a fresh issuance. submit to the Authority details of their flight operations including names of passengers carried, route(s) operated and times of operations;
- not engage in any form of carriage for hire and reward; and
- operate in accordance with the conditions specified in their
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be able to read, speak, write and understand the English language.
- Obtain at least a third class medical certificate from an Aviation Medical Examiner
- Pass a computerized aeronautical knowledge test
- Accumulate and log a specified amount of training and experience, including the following:
- At least 40 hours of flight time, including 20 hours with an instructor and 10 hours of solo flight.
- 5 hours of solo cross-country time including one flight of at least 150 nautical miles with full stop landings at a minimum of three points
- Three solo takeoffs and landings to a full stop at an airport with an operating control tower.
- 3 hours of night flight training and 10 takeoffs and landings to a full stop at an airport
- 3 hours of instrument flying training
Need for the Document
Holders of Permit for Non-Commercial Flights operations in Nigeria (PNCF) shall:
- (i)obtain Safety Clearance Certificates (including Maintenance Clearance Certificate (MCC) and Flight Operations Clearance
Certificate (FOCC)) from the Nigeria Civil Aviation Authority prior to the commencement of operations; No person shall use any aircraft for non-commercial purposes between two or more places in Nigeria, unless such a person holds a Permit for Non Commercial Flights; (PNCF)
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.