Nigeria - Collection / Replacement of NYSC Certificate of National service
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
In the case of loss of Certificate of National service, the following steps are to be taken.
- Report the Matter to Police for Police Extract/The obtain a police Report and proceed to any nearest Court in Nigeria.
- Swear a Court Affidavit at any Nigeria Court and attach it on a Hand written application for a New NYSC certificate of National Service.
- Obtain a Letter of Introduction from where the Ex-Corps member is discharged i.e. State of Service and attach it on your Application Letter.
- Where available, a copy of the lost Certificate should also be attached on your Application letter.
This should be noted that It is the policy of the Scheme not to reprint lost or burnt Certificates. Letters of Confirmation are issued instead.
a. Two copies of the printed admission letter.
b. Two copies of the particulars of admission.
c. Two copies of the course registration forms.
d. Evidence of School fees payment (payment receipt)
e. The original credentials including NYSC certificate (Note: To whom it may concern will not be accepted)
f. Thereafter you will be directed on how to replace your NYSC certificate.
Office Locations & Contacts
- National Youth Service Corps,
- NATIONAL HEAD OFFICE.
Plot 416, Tigris Cresent.
Off Aguiyi Ironsi Street, Maitama.
PMB 138, Garki ,Abuja.
Plot 416, Tigris Crescent, Maitama, Abuja.
Visit this link for Various offices located in Various parts of the Country: http://www.nysc.gov.ng/locations/state-offices.php
Nigerian Graduates either home or oversea trained who have the stipulated qualification of (B.SC, B.A or HND) from approved or accredited Institution by (NUC, NTBE or NCCE) are eligible for replacement of NYSC Certificate of National Service however while foreign trained graduates must submit their Certificates at the Mobilization Department for Evaluation.
No payment is required from applicant;
Valid for 1 year
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
- processing takes 48 hours
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- You must Physically present yourself at the National Directorate Headquarters
- The replacement NYSC certificate is issued to Graduates of various Institutions who have completed their programme.It is part of the requirement for applying for any better job in Nigeria.
- candidates must appear to Exclusion Division of the Corps Certification Department, 48 hours after submission of application for necessary attention. .
- The photocopy of your lost original letter of Exclusion,
- The application letter
- The original copy of your institution certificate of graduation.
- Identity Cards,
- Drivers license
- International passport
- Court Affidavit
- Police statement or extract.
Need for the Document
If you have misplaced your NYSC certificate of National Service or Upon noticing any error on your Certificate, return it immediately to the State Certification Officer for possible correction where the error is traceable to NYSC. Certificates are produced based on what the Ex-Corps member penned on the format during the orientation exercise.
Certificate of National Service is issued to State Secretariats at the Directorate headquarters through the State Certification Officers thrice a year for delivery to deserving Corps members.
In case you are to proceed to NYSC NDHQ for collection of corrected Certificate, the following are required of you.
- Letter of Introduction from the NYSC State Secretariat addressed to the Director-General.
- Handwritten application.
- Valid I.D Card
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.