Nigeria - Apply for a Diplomatic Visa
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
Please review the following THREE STEPS below before beginning your Diplomatic visa application.
Step 1: Complete the online Application. online visa form at http://www.immigration.gov.ng
Step 2: Gather additional required documents
Step 3: Applying for the visa
- The applications should be sent directly to the Embassy with a diplomatic note through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Reminder: It is recommended that individuals apply for Diplomatic visas well in advance of their proposed date of travel. No assurances regarding the issuance of visas can be given in advance. Therefore, final travel plans or the purchase of non refundable ticket should not be made until a visa has been issued and you are in receipt of the passport.
- Valid standard, official or diplomatic passports
- Note Verbale Obtainable from Nigerian Missions abroad
Office Locations & Contacts
- MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS
Minister : The HMFA Amb. Aminu Bashir Wali
Tafawa Balewa House,
Abuja, FCT. Suburb Fct 234 Country
Maputo St., Wuse, Zone 3 (Opposite Nigeria
Custom Services), P.M.B. 130, Garki, Abuja
Tel: 09-5230185; 5230186; 5230189
- Visiting Heads of States and their families
- Top officials of Government and their families
- Diplomats and their families
- Holders of United Nations Diplomatic Passport and Laisser passez
- members of accredited Diplomatic Missions
- members of International organizations
- members of accredited International non governmental organizations
Free of Charge There are no fees for official visas. Applications can be submitted any work day between 2:30 3:30 PM. Do not pay an MRV visa application fees.
Valid for 90 Days
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Visa processing usually is done in a day, depending on the nature of agency.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
The individual concerned must be traveling to Nigeria on behalf of his or her national government to engage solely in official activities for that government. other government official depends upon their purpose of travel to the Foreign contry. There are very specific requirements which must be met by applicants in order to qualify for Diplomatic visa.
- The major requirement for Official/Diplomatic visa is accreditation from sending government.
- Note Verbal;
- Valid Diplomatic or Official Passport;
- 2 Passport photos;
- Filling online visa form at http://www.immigration.gov.ng
- and obtaining Application ID and Reference No. without Checkout
- Download and complete form IMM/22A.
- A valid passport which at least has 6 month validity
- One Clear Coloured photo
- Application letter to the passport ,Immigration and national Authority in the ministry of interior
- Completed application form
- Completed application form
- Signed CV of applicant
Need for the Document
With the exception of a Head of State or Government who qualifies for an Diplomatic visa regardless of the purpose of his or her visit to the Foreign country, the type of visa required by a diplomat or other government official depends upon his or her reason for entering Nigeria.
To qualify for the diplomatic visa, the individual concerned must be traveling to the Nigeria on behalf of his or her national government to engage solely in official activities for that government. The fact that there may be government interest or control in a given organization is not, in itself, the defining factor in determining whether the applicant qualifies for an Diplomatic visa; the particular duties or services to be performed must also be of an inherently governmental character or nature. Local government officials representing their state, province, borough, or other local political entity do not qualify for a diplomatic visa.
Information which might help
Government officials traveling to the Nigeria to perform non-governmental functions of a commercial nature or traveling as tourists require the appropriate ordinary visa, or if qualified, travel visa free under the Visa Waiver Program; they do not qualify for diplomatic visas.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.