Nigeria - Apply for Visa on Arrival
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Reach the airport;
- Fill in the application form;
- Present all the necessary documents;
- Make payment; and
- Get a visa
- Proof of identity
- Proof of the Air ticket
Office Locations & Contacts
- MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS
Minister : The HMFA Amb. Aminu Bashir Wali
Tafawa Balewa House,
Abuja, FCT. Suburb Fct 234 Country
Maputo St., Wuse, Zone 3 (Opposite Nigeria
Custom Services), P.M.B. 130, Garki, Abuja
Tel: 09-5230185; 5230186; 5230189
- FEDERAL MINISTRY OF INTERNAL AFFAIRS
Block 'F' Old Secretariat, Area I, Garki, Abuja
P.M.B. 0016, Garki Post Office
Tel: 09-2341602, 2341525, 2341935, 2341936
- Nigerian Immigration Service Headquarters,
Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport Road, Sauka Abuja
P.M.B. 38 Garki Abuja
- Nigerian Diplomatic Missions abroad.
A list of these and their contact addresses can be obtained from http://www.fsc-nigeria.org/dir_nigmissions.html, http://nigeria.embassyhomepage.com/nigeria_visa_application_form_nigeria_visa_service_nigeria_hotels_abuja_flights_nigeria_travel_insurance_nigerian_embassy_uk.htm, http://www.onlinenigeria.com/embassy.asp and http://redesign.nigeriaunmission.org/directory-of-nigerian-foreign-missions/
Website for diplomatic mission Nigeria: http://www.immigration.gov.ng/index.php?id=33
Any visitor to Nigeria who is stranded due unforeseen exceptional circumstances like disruption in air transport while on transit,for an emergency situation or under any other conditions can apply for a Entry visa on arrival.
- Fees is USD 30-50 Us dollar
Validity of Visa is up to 14 days
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
The process takes about 3 days to an hour.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- Carry a genuine passport/travel document with validity beyond one year.
- On arrival fill in arrival declaration cards on arrival
- Comply with other immigration formalities including the provision of required biometric information.
- Immigration authorities at the port of arrival reserve the right of admission.
- A visitor pass for a specific duration is granted by the Immigration authorities on arrival to permit the holder stay in the country for the period granted in the pass.
- Arriving visitors should not carry or convey substances or goods prohibited by customs.
- Visitors should not overstay their visitors pass otherwise they will be subjected to a fine of U$ 50 per day and other appropriate legal action including prosecution and deportation.
- Engagement in employment on basis of visitors pass is strictly prohibited. Offenders are prosecuted.
- Dependents must also apply in their own right.
- Entry should be made only through the countrys gazetted ports of entry/exit.
- All visitors must comply with immigration legislation and other national laws of the country during their stay in Nigeria.
- Full name, address and contact details of applicant
- Sex and Age
- Purpose of visit
- Details of host
- Place of residence while in the country.
Need for the Document
On-arrival visa (also known as Entry Visa On Arrival, VOA), granted at a port of entry. This is distinct from not requiring a visa at all, as the visitor must still obtain the visa before they can even try to pass through immigration at the port of entry in Nigeria.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.