Nigeria - Apply for Student Government Scholarships
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
You can obtain the application forms online by visiting this site, www.fsb.gov.ng and the form can be filled and printed by prospective candidates for endorsement by their Head Of Department and Registrars of their institutions.
- ? Duly completed application forms should be submitted at the various interview centers.
- ? Completed application forms should be accompanied with.
a) Photocopies of:?
- ? Letter of admission to the institution;
- ? Current Course Registration Form;
- ? Student Identity Card?
b) Two passport size photographs with name fully written at the back.?All qualified candidates who have fully completed the prescribed application forms for the Nigerian Awards scholarship are to attend selection interviews as scheduled.
- ? Application should be submitted before the interview. Interview Dates: Northern States: (North East, North West & North Central) 15th 19th April of every year; Southern States: (South East, South West, South South) 8th -12th April of every year.
- ? It is important to read the application guideline, and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
- ? Application forms and guidelines can be downloaded from the official on this site websitewww.fsb.gov.ng
- Letter of admission to the institution;
- Current Course Registration Form;
- Student Identity Card?b)
- Two passport size photographs with name fully written at the back.
- Copies of previous Academic documents
- A copy of an admission letter from the institution of higher education.
- A copy of a document identifying the applicant:
- Three recent passport photographs.
- Chart of prescribed fees.
Office Locations & Contacts
- FEDERAL MINISTRY OF EDUCATION & YOUTH DEV.
Federal Secretariat, Phase 2 (3rd Floor)
Shehu Shagari Way, Abuja
- FEDERAL SCHOLARSHIP DIVISION
Federal Ministry of Education
Wuse, Zone 6
P.M.B. 134, Abuja
Applicants must meet the following criteria to avail Nigeria Federal Government Scholarship.
- Undergraduate, HND & NCE Scholarship
- All applicants should be registered fulltime students in their second year or above in recognized Federal and State Universities, Polytechnics, Monotechnics and Colleges of Education.
- They should also obtain a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 4.0 on a 5 point scale, or its equivalent in the previous academic years examinations.?
- Postgraduate scholarship
- Applicants must be registered fulltime students of recognized Federal and State owned universities and
- must have a minimum of second class Honors (upper division) in 1st degrees.
- Must be of the following Level of academics.
- Higher National Diploma,
- and National Certificate in Education
- Applications are for free of charge
- Registration is charged 2000 Naira,
- Northern States: (North East, North West & North Central) the registration is 15th 19th April of every year;
- Southern States: (South East, South West, South South) 8th -12th April of every year.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Processing takes 3 months.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- Federal Government Scholarship is Open for Nigerian students.
- ?All qualified candidates who have fully completed the prescribed application forms for the Nigerian Awards scholarship are required to attend selection interviews as scheduled by The Federal Scholarship Board, Nigeria?.
- Birth certificate
- Academic papers of the previous school,
- Transcript,pass slips
- Full name of applicant
- Sex, Age and marital status
- Education background
- Details of enrolling institution
- Details of applicants course to studied at the institution mentioned above
- Duration of course
- Commencement and end dates of study;
- Amount of tuition and other required payment;
- Bankers of the enrolling institution.
Need for the Document
Nigeria Federal Government Scholarship is one of the two Divisions of the Federal Scholarship Board.
Its main work is to processes and implements scholarship awards for Postgraduate, Undergraduate, Higher National Diploma and National Certificate in Education.
The scholarships are awarded in the following Field(s)
- Science and technology,
- Medicine and para-medicals, science subjects with education,
- Arts and other subjects with education,
- Liberal arts/social/management sciences,
- Law, HND (science and technology) and NCE.
Information which might help
- Under-Graduate Scholars: N150, 000 per annum,
- Post-Graduate Scholars: N180, 000 per annum,
- HND: N100, 000 per annum and NCE: N100, 000 per annum.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.