Nigeria - Apply for STR Subject to Regularization Visa
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
The fist step is to send the actual passport at the embassy in your country of origin. The passport must have at least six (6) months validity remaining before expiration and has at least one complete blank visa page for the visa stamp.
The following passport page 22, 23, and 24 are not visa pages and are not acceptable for purpose of STR Visa . If your passport doesn't meet the requirement it will be rejected.
The next step is to completely fill-out and sign Nigerian visa application form.
- One form per applicant is required in English language.
- Attach an invitation Letter from Nigeria explaining the purpose of the trip, guaranteeing financial support for you while in Nigeria.
- The invitation letter should explain the purpose of the STR visa you will be undertaking in Nigeria.
- This is very import because it will show that you financially stable to begin a viable business in Nigeria.
- After completing fill-out STR visa form you can sign and submit with all the attachment documents.
- STR approval from Nigeria;
- Expatriate Quota document from Ministry of Interior;
- Return Ticket reservation;
- 2 Current Passport photographs;
- Online payment of Visa fees Receipt at http://www.immigration.gov.ng
- Acknowledgment slip and payment confirmation receipt
- Evidence of 20.00 Administrative fee to be paid at the Embassy;
- Download and complete form IMM/22.
- 4 Passport Photographs;
- 4 copies of Letter of Appointment;
- 4 Copies of Letter of Acceptance;
- 4 copies of Condition of Service;
- 4 copies of Curriculum Vitae;
- 4 copies of Applicants Credentials;
- 4 copies of Birth Certificate;
- 4 Copies of Form IMM/22;
- The Originals of the documents to be authenticated at the Embassy. Authentication fee 25.00/page.;
- (If Married) Marriage Certificate.
Office Locations & Contacts
- NIGERIA IMMIGRATION SERVICE
(Passport Office), 2nd Floor,
Area III, Garki, P.M.B. 038,
- NIGERIA IMMIGRATION SERVICE
Block 'B', Old Secretariat,
Garki, P.M.B. 038, Abuja
- MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS
Maputo St., Wuse, Zone 3 (Opposite Nigeria
Custom Services), P.M.B. 130, Garki, Abuja
Tel: 09-5230185; 5230186; 5230189
- FEDERAL MINISTRY OF INTERNAL AFFAIRS
Block 'F' Old Secretariat, Area I, Garki, Abuja
P.M.B. 0016, Garki Post Office
Tel: 09-2341602, 2341525, 2341935, 2341936
- STR for Private Organisation;
- STR for government employees/NGO, Red Cross, Doctors without Boarders, etc;
- STR for foreign Wives of Nigerians;
- STR for students;
- STR for Dependants and so on. These classes of STR visa have specific operational requirements for visa issuance.
- Authentication fee 25.00 per page.;
- You can pay online Using the following Link http://www.immigration.gov.ng/
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- This visa is solely for the purpose of Subject to Regularization.
- You must send the actual passport.
- The passport must have at least six (6) months validity remaining before expiration and has at least one complete blank visa page for the visa stamp.
- A valid passport which at least has 6 month validity
- One Clear Coloured photo
- Application letter to the passport ,Immigration and national Authority in the ministry of interior
- Completed application form
- Receipt of payment of $35 for Category a regular Visa.
Application letter to the Passport, immigration and national Authority Completed application form Police cle
Need for the Document
STR simply means Subject to Regularization. This Visa is issued primarily based on the availability of Quota especially in the case of private organizations. The visa is issued on request by sponsoring organizations, individual investors coming to Nigeria to reside.
All STR cables should be processed through the office of the Comptroller-General of Nigeria Immigration Service in Abuja for foreigners who are wishing to take up employment and reside in Nigeria for a given period of time.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.