Nigeria - Apply for NYSC Temporary Letter of Exclusion
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
The process begins from the Corps Producing Institutions.
Graduates of various Institutions who completed their part-time programme and have obtained their Degrees/HND/Certificates or Professional qualification as regulated by NUC/NBTE or evaluated by the Federal Ministry Education with effect from 2001 to date are eligible to be issued temporary Letters of Exclusion.
Application for the issuance of temporary Letters of Exclusion should apply to the office of the Director-General and attach the photocopies of the following:
- Degree/HND/Professional Certificate or Statement of Result
- Means of Identification e.g. I.D cards- Drivers license, International passport One passport photograph.
- Physically present himself at the National Directorate Headquarters with the following documents;
- Original Certificate and or Original Statement of Result
- Identity Card, Drivers License or International Passport One passport photograph.
- Applicants to report to the Exclusion Division of the Corps Certification Department, 48 hours after submission of application for necessary attention.
- A print-out is processed by NYSC classifying those to be called up for service and those to be exempted. This print-out is sent back to the Institutions for verifications and corrections after which they are returned to NYSC as an agreed/corrected document.
- With the print-out, the temporary letter of exclusion are produced, documented and sent back to the Institutions for issuance to the appropriate persons.
- Letter application for the issuance of certification to NYSC
- Identity cards-
- Drivers license,
- International passport
- One passport photograph
- NYSC FORM 2C
- General Assessment form
- First University Degree or HND Certificate
- Complete official Transcript of the First Degree or HND programme
- Marks Sheets (if you attended Indian Schools only)
- Registration Certificate,
- Certificate of Fitness
- Medical Doctors and Optometrists are required to produce in addition, Registration Certificate, Original and Photocopy of completion of Housemanship of the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria/Optometrists Association of Nigeria, as applicable.
- Olevel Certificate i.e WAEC, GCE, SSCE, NECO, IGCE, GCSE, High School Diploma for those who schooled in USA e.t.c. Candidate must obtain credit in not less than 5 subjects in not more than 2 sittings (including English and Mathematics).
(Statements of Results or Attestation Letters are not acceptable in lieu of any certificate).
Office Locations & Contacts
- NATIONAL HEAD OFFICE.
National Youth Service Corps,
Plot 416, Tigris Cresent.
Off Aguiyi Ironsi Street, Maitama.
PMB 138, Garki ,Abuja.
Plot 416, Tigris Crescent, Maitama, Abuja.
- Visit this link for Various offices located in Various parts of the Country
All Nigerian Youth interested in National Youth Service Corps Certificate and other related services are eligible provided they have registered with the NYSC.
No payment is required from applicant;
Valid for 1 year
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Processing takes 7 working days
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- You must Physically present himself at the National Directorate Headquarters
- The temporary letter of Exclusion is issued only to Graduates of various Institutions who have completed their part-time programme.
- candidates must appear to Exclusion Division of the Corps Certification Department, 48 hours after submission of application for necessary attention.
1. NYSC Call up Number
2. Name of the Applicant
3. Date of Registration
4. Change of Names During Service Year
5. Higher Institution(s) Attended with date
6. Qualification(s) with Area of Specialization
7. State of Origin
8. Employer During Primary Assignment
9. Town/Village of Primary Assignment
10. Type of Assignment
11. Period covered by Report
Need for the Document
The exclusion letter is for graduates of partime/sandwich programmes. It may take time for the applicant to get it. So normally what is done is that the School forwards the names of the candidates along with full time graduates to the to NYSC to give them a temporary letter of Exclusion which indicates that you completed your studies as you wait for the certificate from National Youth Service Corps.
NYSC exclusion letter of exclusion is issued to by the institution where you study your part-time program What your school is meant to do is collect the names of graduating students and forward it to NYSC office in Abuja who will then award you an exclusion letter (you can browse through NYSC website for details).
Nigerian Graduates either home or oversea trained who have the stipulated qualification of (B.SC, B.A or HND) from approved or accredited Institution by (NUC, NTBE or NCCE) are eligible for Exemption Certificate however while foreign trained graduates must submit their Certificates at the Mobilization Department for Evaluation.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.