Nigeria - Apply for Emergency Travel Certificate
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Obtain a Police Report from the relevant Police Authority where the e-passport got lost.
- Report the loss of your e-passport to the Hungarian Immigration Office.
- Submit a written formal report to the Nigeria Embassy concerning the lost e-passport. A copy of the Police Report, resident permit and lost passport should be attached.
- Replace the lost passport by contacting relevant Nigerian Embassies that can replace the lost passport. For more information about what documents to submit, relevant passport fees and interview dates, contact the relevant Embassy directly.
- After getting required information from the issuing Embassy, apply for the e-passport through the Nigeria Immigration website https://portal.immigration.gov.ng/passport/epassport.
- A letter of introduction will be issued by the Nigerian Embassy in Budapest to assist you obtain the new e- passport. The original copy of this letter should be presented directly to the Nigerian Embassy where you are applying for the e-passport.
- Appear at the chosen Nigerian Embassy on the date given to you. Please ensure you take along with you all the relevant documents needed for the new e-passport. You should ask for required information from the Nigerian Embassy issuing the new e-passport before traveling to avoid any delays.
- During the processing of the passport, ensure that your personal information collected by the passport officer is correct. During the collection of the passport , also ensure that your personal details appear as it should be on the new passport. If there is any mistake, notify the passport officer for rectification before you leave the Embassy or Immigration office.
- Proof of citizenship
- Police report
- Return Ticket to Nigeria
Office Locations & Contacts
Nigerian Immigration Service Headquarters
Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport Road,
It is applicable to Nigerians who lose their passports while abroad or whose passports have expired.
Emergency Travel Certificate - $100 fee (non-refundable)
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain the processing your application.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
Emergency Travel Certificate is issued to Nigerians whose passports have expired or who legitimately lose their passports while abroad on visits and resident Nigerians abroad, to enable them return to Nigeria. It is usually issued for a one-way journey to Nigeria only and must be surrendered to the Immigration authorities at the port of entry.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
The Nigeria Immigration Service: http://www.immigration.gov.ng/index.php?id=1
More information which might help people.