Nigeria - Apply for Direct Nigerian Navy Service
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
The following are the process to apply for Direct Nigerian navy service online
- Fill Your Registration Form.
- Submit the Form.
- Take note of your Serial Number and Reference Number
- Print APPLICATION SUMMARY PAGE and PAY4ME ACKNOWLEDGEMENT SLIP (Note that your Transaction ID is indicated on the Slip)
- Visit any Branch of the following banks: United Bank for Africa , Sterling Bank, Diamond Bank, Fidelity Bank or Union Bank for Payment with the Slip
- Visit the Portal to retrieve your Applicant ID by clicking on Get Applicant ID after payment has been made to the bank
- Print Acknowledgement Cards and Attestation Cards using Applicant ID.
- Requests must contain enough information to identify your records among the many files at the National Records Center. The Center needs certain basic information in order to locate your records. This information includes your complete name used while in service, service number or Social Security number, branch of service, and dates of service.
- As a Direct Navy service Enlistee, you will be required to attend Recruit Training. This takes seven- to nine-weeks course will help transform you from a civilian to a Sailor, both mentally and physically.
- A strength-training program beginning at least six months prior is suggested. This will provide you with the physical strength and the mental toughness to enter Recruit Training with confidence. Suggested daily exercises should include a combination of aerobic training, crunches, pull-ups and push-ups.
- Here, youll learn the basic history, traditions and structure of the Navy and Navy Reserve, receive leadership training that will introduce you to the role of an Officer, and be prepared to apply your leadership skills as well as your professional expertise in your respective field.
- The most important document you need to enlist in the Navy Reserve is form DD-214, which details your discharge from Active Duty or Reserve service.
- Files or records pertaining to your service in the Military and paper showing that you are no longer on Active Duty.
- Files containing all military and health records.
Office Locations & Contacts
- Nigerian Marine Department
No 4, Burma Road, Apapa
PABX: 5804800 - 4
Tel: 01 453 1466
- National Maritime Authority
- Marine police Nigeria
Louis Edet House, Area 11 Garki, Abuja
Phone Number: 0706622820
- National Maritime Authority.
Maritime House, 4 Burma Road,
Address : Plot 2891, Taraba Close,
Off Limpopo Street, Maitama, Abuja, FCT
Head Quarter / Branch : Headquarter
Tel 1: 01-5804800-4
Tel 2: 5871673.
- OTHER OFFICES
- You can visit this link for different offices across the country; http://www.nimasa.gov.ng/contact.php
- You must be a citizenship of Nigeria but if you want to serve as an immigrant you must be a legal immigrant and be currently living in Nigeria, with a valid visa.
- To be an Officer, you must be a Nigerian citizen.
- be a graduate or current student of a four-year college or university (type of degree accepted varies by specialty);
- be at least 19 years of age (maximum age differs depending on specialty);
- achieve a qualifying score on the Officer Aptitude Rating exam;
- meet Navy physical standards;
- and demonstrate character, leadership and determination.
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Valid between two years and Eight years
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
The process may take seven months.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
One must have prior military experience, the Navy service commitment.
- Information on your age,
- information on your health and education requirements that must be met to become a Navy Reservist.
- Your qualification
Need for the Document
The origin of the Nigerian Navy could be traced to the colonial marine Department of the Royal Navy. This Department was established in 1887 as a quasi-military organization combining the duties of the present day Nigerian Ports Authority, the Inland Water Ways and the modern day Navy.
Information which might help
There are excellent training and education opportunities in the Navy services in Nigeria. If you qualify for training in a critical Navy rating, you can apply for coursework in the delegated Navy technical training schools. Completion of additional schooling increases your opportunities for advancement and promotion in both the Reserve and your civilian career in Nigeria.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.