Nigeria - Apply for Biometric Passport
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- To apply online, visit the home page of Nigeria Immigration Portal: https://portal.immigration.gov.ng/passport/epassport.
- Follow the instructions.
- Complete the application form.
- Payment can be done after your application. It is done electronically.
- Upon making your electronic payment or after having entered and submitted your (USPS) money order details, you will first be e-mailed an acknowledgement. Please allow 1-2 business days for receipt of a confirmation payment e-mail from SW Global LLC.
- To print out your receipt/acknowledgement slip, go to http://portal.immigration.gov.ng/visa/OnlineQueryStatus enter your application type, reference No., ID and click SEARCH RECORD
The Payment Confirmation Slip will contain an interview date, every applicant must attend and bring this document in person on the given interview date between 10am 1pm (Monday-Friday). .
- Guarantor's form duly signed by a commissioner of oaths plus
- Photocopy of (a) Data page of guarantor's passport and
- Photocopy of National identity card
- Drivers License
- Father's Letter of content for minors under 16years (Mother's letter of consent in case of deceased father)
- Marriage Certificate where applicable
- Husband's consent letter or Letter of introduction for employee of government or corporate organization
- Court affidavit and police report in case of lost passport.
- Birth Certificate or Age declaration
- Letter of identification from Local Government of origin or residence
- One(1) passport photograph
- Acknowledgement slip and receipt of payment .
Office Locations & Contacts
- Nigerian Immigration Service Headquarters
Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport Road,
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs,
Tafawa Balewa House, Federal Secretariat,
Central District, Abuja, FCT.
Suburb Fct 234 Country.
- Nigerian Diplomatic Missions abroad.
- A list of these and their contact addresses can be obtained from
http://www.fsc-nigeria.org/dir_nigmissions.html, http://nigeria.embassyhomepage.com/nigeria_visa_application_form_nigeria_visa_service_nigeria_hotels_abuja_flights_nigeria_travel_insurance_nigerian_embassy_uk.htm, http://www.onlinenigeria.com/embassy.asp and http://redesign.nigeriaunmission.org/directory-of-nigerian-foreign-missions/
- Website for diplomatic mission Nigeria
All Nigerians by birth, naturalization and registration are eligible to apply for a Biometric- passport.
The fee for Nigerian Passport is $65.00 (SIXTY FIVE DOLLARS)..
All Biometric Nigeria passports have a life span of 10 years and has an initial validity of 5 years
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Processing take 30 working days
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- A Nigerian is not allowed to hold a multiple standard passport
1.Full name and address of applicant
2.Place and date of birth
3.Sex of applicant
4.Details of duties assigned to the applicant
5.Date of commencement of duties
6.Duration of appointment
7.Expiration of appointment
8.Foreign country in which the applicant shall be carrying out the assigned duties
Need for the Document
An ePassport is also known as a biometric passport. It looks like a traditional passport book, but it contains an electronic chip that is encoded with the same information. The chip holds the same information that is printed on the passport's data page: the holder's name, date of birth, and other biographic information. An e-Passport also contains a biometric identifier. The Nigerian Government requires that the chip contain a digital photograph of the holder. All e-Passports issued by Visa Migration department in different countries and the United States have security features to prevent the unauthorized reading or "skimming" of data stored on the e-Passport chip.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.