Nigeria - Apply Nigerian Armed Forces as Short Service Combatant (SSC) Commission officers
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
You can apply online or visit any of the Army Headquarters Department of Military Secretary near your Area in Nigeria.
- To apply follow the following Procedures
(1) Obtain a PayChoice PIN Code from any branch of First Bank nationwide upon the payment of N2,500.00 Application Fee to the designated cashier.
(2)Logon to www.nigerianarmyms.org
(3)Click on 'Online Application'
(4)Enter basic details as requested alongside the PIN Code.
(5)Select 'Short Service Combatant(SSC)'
(6)Click 'Register Now' to validate your PIN
(7)On successful validation, you will be redirected to the login page
(8)Login with your Username and Password to begin filling the forms, upload documents and passport. On successful registration, you will receive a success email and SMS from 'The Nigerian Army'.
(7) Click on 'Login' to login, then you can start filling the forms.
(8) Add your profile (This will require a passport photo and your biodata).
(9) Add your qualifications (WASSCE, and other certificates are entered).
(10) Upload/Edit Documents (Attach your Certificates ). THE NEXT OPTION WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE UNTIL ALL ABOVE STEPS HAVE BEEN TAKEN.
(11) Print your photo cards.The first page is to be signed by Court of Law.The second page is for your Local Government to sign.
Applicants are to complete the form online and upload all required documents stated in the general instructions. Applicants must print out their online generated photo-card on completion of their application. Successful applicants are required to present their printed photo-cards to the selection board during the interview.
- Possess a valid certificate of state of origin.
- Possess valid birth certificate endorsed by the National Population Commission, Hospital or Local Government Council or valid age declaration.
- Possess at least a first degree of not less than Second Class Lower Division or HND of not less than Lower Credit in the arts, sciences or humanities from any recognized institution of learning.
Office Locations & Contacts
- Nigerian Army Headquarters
Department of Military Secretary
- You may also visit http://www.nigerianarmyms.org
between 0900hrs and 1700 hrs from Monday to Friday.
- For Technical Support
Tel: 08054815787 or
- Nigerian Army
Plot 1092 , Mohammadu Buhari Way ,
Area 7, Garki, Abuja, Nigeria
Phone: (+234) 092340142
- Ministry of Defense
Ship House, Area 10, Garki, Abuja. Nigeria
Telephone - +234 9 234 0534
Fax - +234 9 234 0714
- To be Eligible one must be a Nigerian as defined in the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- One must be a male or female between the ages of 24 and 29 years.
- One must be medically and physically fit to be Eligible.
- One Must not have been convicted by any court of law to be Eligible.
Application Fee of N2,500. Should be paid.
- The Short Service Combatant is granted for a period 10 years.
- The Six years will be on active list renewable, thereafter for a period up to 3 years. No extension is allowed after the ninth year of commission except on conversion to Regular Combatant where applicable.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Processing takes 30 working days.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
1.An applicant must Possess a valid certificate of state of origin.
2.Be ready to comply with rules and regulations of Army department and the entire country as a whole
3. Army does not permit soldiers to work in the other related ordinary work activities;
4.Applicants must be aware that holding a visa is confirmation of entry into the country the immigration authority controls entry;
5.An applicant may be blocked from entering the Army when the requirements are not met.
6.Endeavor to submit all necessary documents because incomplete applications may lead to delay or no issuance of or a valid exemption as the case may be.;
7.Do not submit false documents;
8.Children under the age of eighteen (18) years are not allowed to apply for Nigerian Armed Forces as Short Service Combatant commission;
9.An applicant must ensure that he / she possess NYSC discharge certificate ;
10.A valid visa must have validity of six (6) month beyond period of stay in the country and must also have a blank visa page;
11.Applicants must be aware that Nigerian visa application processes start with submission of application online;
12.Applicants must know that the that cash payments for visas are not accepted, all payments must be made online;
13.Applicants in countries where an applicant has to attend visa interviews are argues to always take note of the scheduled date for the interview during the process of filling online application form;
14.Endeavor to carry all necessary documents when going for an interview;
15.An interview date can be rescheduled upon submitting application by the applicant;
16.Applicants must ensure that they submit passport photographs that meet requirements;
17.An applicant must be of good character and of good health;
- Candidates must submit a letter of Attestation from their former institutions.
- Be recommended by at least 2 recognizable referees who must attest to the applicant's character and integrity.
- Serving military personnel must be recommended by their commanding officers.
- Civilians could be recommended by a Local Government Chairman/Secretary or an officer of the Armed Forces not below the rank of a Lieutenant Colonel and equivalent or an Assistant Commissioner of Police and above who must hail from the state of the applicant.
Need for the Document
The Ministry of Defense in Nigeria is responsible for providing administrative support and services to the Armed Forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Its role is to provide the necessary support to build and maintain a modern, compact, strong, professional and mission-ready armed force for the Defence of territory on land, at sea and in the air. It also plays a key role in facilitating the armed forces in their role as a peace-making and peace-keeping force throughout the world.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.