Nigeria - Apply For Free Zone Entry Visa
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Apply online
Visit the Home page of Nigeria Immigration Portal on this website: https://portal.immigration.gov.ng/pages/freezonevisaguidelines
- Locate & click on the appropriate application form to start the process:
- Entry Visa/Freezone Application Form
- Fill the Application form; check the 'I ACCEPT FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE INFORMATION PROVIDED IN THIS FORM' check box.
- Click on 'Submit Application' button to view Applicant details page
- Click on Proceed to Online Payment
- Click to select Payment Currency Pay in Dollars option then Click on Continue button
- Apply Manually
- Reach the airport;
- Fill in the application form;
- Present all the necessary documents;
- Make payment; and
- Get a visa
- Applicant must provide the following in support of the application
- Letter of Application from company on behalf of expatriate to Free Zone Authority indicating acceptance of Immigration Responsibility
- Duly completed Application Form
- Photocopy of CERPAC Card (where applicable)
- Proof of identity
- Proof of the Air ticket
Office Locations & Contacts
- MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS
- The HMFA Amb. Aminu Bashir Wali
Tafawa Balewa House,
Abuja, FCT. Suburb Fct 234 Country
Maputo St., Wuse, Zone 3 (Opposite Nigeria
Custom Services), P.M.B. 130, Garki, Abuja
Tel: 09-5230185; 5230186; 5230189
- FEDERAL MINISTRY OF INTERNAL AFFAIRS
Block 'F' Old Secretariat, Area I, Garki, Abuja
P.M.B. 0016, Garki Post Office
Tel: 09-2341602, 2341525, 2341935, 2341936
- Nigerian Immigration Service Headquarters,
Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport Road, Sauka Abuja
P.M.B. 38 Garki Abuja
- Nigerian Diplomatic Missions abroad.
A list of these and their contact addresses can be obtained from http://www.fsc-nigeria.org/dir_nigmissions.html, http://nigeria.embassyhomepage.com/nigeria_visa_application_form_nigeria_visa_service_nigeria_hotels_abuja_flights_nigeria_travel_insurance_nigerian_embassy_uk.htm, http://www.onlinenigeria.com/embassy.asp and http://redesign.nigeriaunmission.org/directory-of-nigerian-foreign-missions/
Website for diplomatic mission Nigeria: http://www.immigration.gov.ng/index.php?id=33
Any visitor to Nigeria who is under countries that have an agreement with Nigeria who were granted visa-free entry or under any other conditions can apply for a free Entry visa on arrival.
- Applicable Fees
- USD 50 for single categories of re-entry visa
- USD 100 for multiple category of re-entry visa
- If you select a processing country other than Nigeria, your payment must be in US Dollars.
A free zone Entry Visa is valid for three years.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
The process takes about 3 days to an hour.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- Carry a genuine passport/travel document with validity beyond one year.
- On arrival fill in arrival declaration cards on arrival
- Comply with other immigration formalities including the provision of required biometric information.
- Immigration authorities at the port of arrival reserve the right of admission.
- A visitor pass for a specific duration is granted by the Immigration authorities on arrival to permit the holder stay in the country for the period granted in the pass.
- Arriving visitors should not carry or convey substances or goods prohibited by customs.
- Visitors should not overstay their visitors pass otherwise they will be subjected to a fine of U$ 50 per day and other appropriate legal action including prosecution and deportation.
- Engagement in employment on basis of visitors pass is strictly prohibited. Offenders are prosecuted.
- Dependents must also apply in their own right.
- Entry should be made only through the countrys gazetted ports of entry/exit.
- All visitors must comply with immigration legislation and other national laws of the country during their stay in Nigeria.
Expatriate must provide the following in support of the application:
- Letter of introduction from relevant Free Zone Authority
- Letter of Offer of Employment from licensed Free Zone company
- Relevant credentials
- Valid International Passport (must possess a minimum of 6 months validity)
- Duly completed and signed printout of online Entry Visa application
- Evidence of Online payment
- Two (2) passport photographs
Need for the Document
Free Entry visa is granted at a immigration office and Visa is not required to countries that have no immigration control.This is obtainable at most international ports of entry and at most international land border crossings. This is distinct from not requiring a visa at all,as the visitor must still obtain the visa before they can even try to pass through immigration at the port of entry in Nigeria.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.