Morocco - Replace Your National Identity Card (In case of loss or theft)
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Submit your forms to any registration centre throughout Morocco which is often near local police offices or near the regional and provincial authorities office. For those living abroad, you may file your applications at the Moroccan diplomatic missions and embassies in the country you are currently staying.
- You must also submit a residence certificate and passport sized photos.
- For those who are unable to go to a registration centre due to a serious impediment, disability or being hospitalized, fill up the form. You must also present a document to prove your disability.
- An affidavit (available at the centre where you will be submitting your request)
- Residence certificate, this can be obtained from the following:
- Local Police
- Local Gendarmerie or administrative authority
- Moroccan consular offices
- Two recent passport size photographs of the applicant, coloured, size 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm on plain background and a light color (light gray and light blue recommended)The applicant must not wear dark glasses, or anything that will cover the face. Sample Photo
- Stamp Duty 75 Dhs
Office Locations & Contacts
Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation
7 rue F. Roosevelt Rabat
Tel: 05 37 76 11 25/23 24
Fax: 05 37 76 55 08
Search for Moroccan Embassies and Consulates abroad (left side of the page)
All Moroccans aged 18 years old and above.
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
A Moroccan national identity card is valid for a period of 10 years.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain the processing your application.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
All citizens of Morocco are required by law to possess a valid national identity card. If you have lost your ID card or someone stole your ID card, you must immediately report the incident to the authorities and begin the process of obtaining a new one.
Inability to present your ID card when the police asks for it is punishable by a fine of 100 dirhams.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
Possesion of a national identity card is mandatory in Morocco. Possession of an ID card may come in handy if the police or the gendamerie would request you to identify yourself.
A Moroccan electronic ID card is equipped with a chip where information about the holder is stored.
Following are procedures on how you can replace your lost or stolen national identity card.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- Moroccan Government Public Service Portal:
- National Electronic Identity Card Website (Morocco):
More information which might help people.