Morocco - Renewal of a passport
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Pick the application form from the immigration office.
- Fill all the required information in two copies
- You can type the answers in or printed in the space provided on the forms using black ink or Blue ink.
- The only forms which are accepted by the immigration office or Consulate those that are issued by the Moroccan immigration Authority at the immigration office.
- Citizens already in possession of an eID card need not have their fingerprints taken, as these centrally stored data can be transferred to the individuals Passport.
Please keep the tracking # so you can check the status of your passport. You need to go to the immigration office website: -https://www.passeport.ma and check if it has been signed for by the Consulate of Morocco and then allow 10 business for passports and 5 business days for all other documents then track your mail by going to the immigration portal website. A web portal outlining issuance requirements takes applicants through the procedure step by step, from the comfort of their keyboard. Please keep the tracking # of your passport so you can track it.
- A Copy of a valid original Moroccan Identity Card
- 2 personal pictures for the passport
- Stamp fee of 600 Dirhams
- A valid consular card.
- A birth certificate or an extract copy from the registrar of birth.
Office Locations & Contacts
- Ministry of Expatriates and immigration Affairs
- Rabat, Maroc
+212 (0) 537 77 65 88
+212 (0) 537 77 72 03
+212 (0) 537 77 65 64
- Fax +212 (0) 537 77 00 06
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation
Address: 7 rue F. Roosevelt Rabat
Tel: 05 37 76 11 25/23 24
Fax: 05 37 76 55 08
To be eligible for a passport renewal in Morocco you must be a Moroccan citizen and also include 2 identical new photos of yourself.
Certificate of lost or damaged passport 110.Dirhams.
Valid for 10 years
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Processing takes 4 weeks.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- Your application can be delayed if you dont follow the rules about passport photos.
- Send your previous passport with the visa attached to it with your application. Your previous passport will be returned to you.
- Carry both passports if you want to use the visa in the previous passport.
- If youve changed your name (eg through marriage, changed the spelling or added a middle name), you must send extra documents with your application.
- You should present a letter from local Authority stating that they are applying for a passport renewal.
- You should supply proof of citizenship ie National Identification cards.
- Fill application forms in either Arabic or English or French.
- A Renewal Application form duly signed and filled out in capital letters.
- A Copy of the original passport (Pages 1-3)
- Two passport size color photos with a white background
- A verbal note
- Passport Renewal processing fees
- In case of renewal: the old passport;
- In case of theft or loss: a declaration of loss or theft.
Need for the Document
A passport is a travel document, usually issued by the government of a nation, that certifies the identity and nationality of its holder for the purpose of international travel. if you are carrying an expired Moroccan passport understand that you can renew or replace your passport at any time in Morocco.It should take you only 3 weeks to get your passport renewed. You must replace your passport as soon as possible if it has more than reasonable wear and tear - you may not be allowed to travel with it. You must renew your expired passport before you can travel.However If youre replacing a lost or stolen passport, you may have to attend an interview and your application may take longer.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.