Morocco - Register a Birth
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Go to the Registry Office.
- Bring the required documents.
- Present and submit the documents.
- The family book or the identity and civil status booklet
- Medical certificate or an administrative certificate issued by the local authority following the investigation officer's authority
- Copy of the marriage certificate (the original must also be presented for verification purposes)
Office Locations & Contacts
Ministry of the Interior
Avenue Mohammed V,
Telephone : 537-761-861
Fax : 537-762-056
The child's parents or the midwife have the right and the responsibility of reporting the birth of the child to the authorities.
(The father, the mother, the testamentary guardian, brother, nephew, brother germain has priority over the half-brother and one of the uterine brother.)
Birth Registration is free.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
It will take about three days for the procedure to be completed.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- The birth of the child must be reported 30 days from its occurrence.
- Failure to report within the statutory period exposes the person to a fine of between 300 and 1200 DH.
- If the child was born without medical assistance, declaration should be obtained from the district which depends on the place where the child was born.
- After investigation of an administrative agent (caid, or khlifa moqaddem), administrative birth certificate will be issued. This is the document that you file in the office of vital statistics depends on the place of birth.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
The birth of a child in Morocco must be declared within a maximum period of 30 days. Birth registration can be done by judicial decision.
Following are procedures on how to register a birth in Morocco.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- Moroccan Government Public Service Portal:
More information which might help people.