Morocco - Obtain a Gun license
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
How to obtain a Gun License in Morocco can seem at first to be an overwhelming task, but after understanding the seemingly confusing legalese procedure, the process starts to become much easier to understand as indicated below:-
- To apply for a firearm permit, you must
- Take a 14-hour course (8 hours classroom, 6 hours range) in the carrying and use of firearms given by a Moroccan certified firearms training instructor at a Police certified training facility in Morocco.
- Pass the written and range exams given at the end of the course
- Be a Moroccan citizen or have permanent legal alien status; and
- Attach all the required documents and Submit a firearm permit application form to the Firearms Consultative Committee in Morocco.
- Pay the required application fees (which is appropriate to your license or registration) and attach the receipt on the application form.
- Take a Finger print Scan after paying the finger print processing fee.
- Submit the application with a color photograph.
- Attach a a letter of certification from the relevant Authority stating that you are a consular official if you are engaged in security duties on behalf of your government.
- Submit your application According to the Fact Sheet you must submit your application to the ministry of interior regional office the appropriate form
- fingerprints document card.
- Proof of payment.
- coloured Passport sized photographs.
- A letter of certification
- A birth Certificate
- A Police Clearance Report
- Affidavit sworn before a Magistrate/Notary
Office Locations & Contacts
- Ministry of the Interior
Avenue Mohammed V,
Quartier Administratif Rabat
Tel : 537-761-861
Fax : 537-762-056
- You must be 21 years of age or older. Even though you can buy and poses guns if your younger than 21, you are not allowed to have a firearms license in Morocco.
- In order to be eligible you must be a Moroccan resident or citizen of 21 years of age.
- You must posses a Clean criminal record from the Moroccan Police.
- You must be having a Doctor's certificate that certifies physical and mental fitness.
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Valid for for 90 days then after renewal is required for 1 year.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
processing takes between 6 to 12 months.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- You need to be allowed, legally, to poses firearms and ammunition by the regulating Authority in Morocco.This means you have not been convicted of any state felonies in Morocco.
- You have not violated the gun control act of Firearm act in Morocco.
- You can not fail to disclose any information that would be relevant to your application, or your right to apply for a firearms license.
- You must have the proper place for doing business, selling guns, or collecting guns. In this requirement are some more specifics that help ensure that your premises are legal.
- The firearm act in Morocco restrict a person to possess a Gun without a Valid license granted by the president or by the Inspector-General of Police .
- Under Moroccan Fire arm Act requires that in possessing a Gun an individual(S)must provide a STRONG genuine Reason for such a Licence.
- Any Business to sell or transfer any firearm must be registered as a Firearm dealer with the Firearm regulating Authority in Morocco. It makes it an offence to possess any firearm or imitation firearm with intent to cause, or to enable another person to cause, someone else to fear that unlawful violence will be used against them or another person.
- It provides for a maximum penalty of 10 years imprisonment or a fine, or both
- There are a lot more requirements that you have to meet to be come licensed. These will only get your application looked at by the Firearms Consultative Committee in Morocco.
Any concerns should be reported to your local police force in Morocco.
an individuals who choose to arm themselves with weapons should have the following.
- Proof of knowledge to operate a Gun.
- Medical certificate from a certified medical doctor.
- Application form to obtain a gun license.
- Your Employment Details.
- Your resident Details in Morocco
- Particulars of Firearm
- Next of Kin
- Proof of citizenship and residence.
- certificate of Completion of fire arm training Class.
- Criminal record report from Local Police of your Area of residence.
- Clearance report from Police inter pal
Need for the Document
Firearm means a lethal barrelled weapon of any description from which any shot, bullet or other missile can be discharged.
In Morocco, the right to private gun ownership is not guaranteed by law. In Morocco, licensed firearm dealers are required to keep a record of each firearm or ammunition purchase, sale or transfer on behalf of a regulating authority. A person who wishes to own a gun in Morocco must have a clean criminal record, must have a police recommendation indicating that he/she is not a threat to the National security. Private gun license is also limited to hunting rifles, short guns and hunting shotguns issued by Police in Morocco. with the exception to pistols and rifles which are reserved for the military personnel in Morocco. Other issued firearm license required of individuals or companies engaged in the business of selling firearms.
Firearm License holders may also provide the service of "transferring" firearms to individuals who may have bought the firearm elsewhere and had it shipped to their local address in Morocco.
So you need to learn how to get a gun license in order to become a registered gun dealer or to collect antique type firearms.
This procedure explains in details how to obtain a Gun license in Morocco.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.