Morocco - Obtain a Family Book
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Go to the Office of Vital Records.
- Bring the required documents.
- Present the documents.
- Pay the fee.
- Full copy of the birth certificate of the couple
- Copy of the national identity card of both spouses
- Copy of the marriage certificate
Office Locations & Contacts
Ministry of the Interior
Avenue Mohammed V,
Telephone : 537-761-861
Fax : 537-762-056
Any interested person or his authorized representative may apply to obtain a family book.
Family Book: 50 DH
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Requests to obtain a family book will be processed within 2 days.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- Family Book may be obtained from the Vital office, in the birthplace of the bridegroom. You may also submit your request at the office of the civil state of residence of the husband, if he was born abroad and settled permanently in Morocco.
- The couple must submit full copies of their birth certificate, copies of their national identity card and a copy of their marriage certificate.
- Claim your Family Book in the same office where you submitted your application, you may also choose to receive your Family book by mail, inquire at the vital office on how you may avail of this service.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
The family book is an official document that proves the existence of family ties between individuals, constituting a family. The family book includes the date and place of birth of each family members.
The family book, written in Arabic and French, must be requested by the spouses during their marriage in order to facilitate the declaration of the birth of their child(ren).
Following are procedures on how to obtain a family book.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- Moroccan Government Public Service Portal:
More information which might help people.