Morocco - Obtain Residence Certificate (Carte Sejour)
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Obtain the residence certificate from the Cadat or administrative annex where the applicant/person resides.
- Submit all the required documents.
- Form available to citizens with cadats and administrative annexes
- The latest water, electricity or phone bill under the name of the applicant
- Certificate of ownership from the owner
- A copy of the lease to the lessee
- A statement from the owner attesting that the applicants resides in the indicated address, must be accompanied by supporting documents
- If the applicant can not present one of the documents mentioned above, he/she may present two witnesses to support his/her claim
- The certificate of attendance commitments for persons belonging to the military body
- A document indicating the occupation or function of the applicant
Office Locations & Contacts
Ministry of the Interior
Avenue Mohammed V,
Telephone : 537-761-861
Fax : 537-762-056
- Moroccans and foreigners living in Morocco.
- Any interested person or his representative may apply to obtain a residence certificate.
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Expect to receive the residence certificate on the same say day you submitted your request.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
Certificates of residence are issued both to foreigners and Moroccans living in Morocco. The document states that the owner lives in the place indicated in the certificate. This certificate is often required when applying for certain administrative procedures, such as obtaining or renewing a CIN.
Following are procedures on how to obtain a residence certificate.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- Moroccan Government Public Service Portal:
More information which might help people.