Morocco - Apply for a Research Permit
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Step1 - A written application
- The fist step is send a written application letter for a Research Permit to the Head of Directorate-General for Research and Technological Development at Rabat in Morocco . On the application include a profile of the institution requesting for the research, together with an historical back grounder on the institutions.
- To begin on any research program in academic research,Moroccos scientific research system (e.g. agriculture, health, and mining),Tourism,life sciences, and engineering sciences or any other related kind of research in Morocco, whether it is short or long-term, the researcher should send a written application letter to the to the Head of Directorate-General for Research and Technological Development requesting for a research permit from the Ministry of National Education, Higher Education, Professional Training and Scientific Research (MENESFCRS)in Morocco.
- Step 2 - Attach Profile of institutions and the historical backgrounder.
- This document will help the independent experts in Morocco to choose the best tools, and tailor them to the field of the researcher. It will serve as a preliminary source of information to the researcher by the experts because it avoided them having to take a complete leap into the unknown.
- You will need the following
- A questionnaire sent by e-mail to around three-quarters of all Moroccan laboratories.This is designed to give the experts a back-up framework for their observations, just in case the sample of laboratories intended to be visited happened to be too small.
- funding Source,
- Required equipments while on Research in Morocco,
- working relations and output of grassroots units in all the diversity,
- The drawbacks and hardships that needed to be addressed while on research.
This information will provide a historical survey that sheds light on the data the researcher may be looking for in Morocco ; it maps out the route that will lead to and to some extent shaped the current situation for the researcher,
- Step 3 complete the application form guideline step by step
- By following the Standard project presentation format complete the application form guideline step by step and attach a well developed an ambitious and innovative research proposal about the research project you wish to conduct in Morocco.
- This should be submitted to relevant department and it should be done three months prior to the intended date of research commencement.This period will allow the experts in Morocco to prepare the groundwork, make the evaluation acceptable,and facilitate the needed experts work with the Applicant during the research period.
- Note that nothing can be done in Morocco without the will and the support of the countrys authorities,
- in the selection of experts to support your research ,
- choice of sites to visit during your reteach in Morocco
- the scale of the debriefing, and so on within the framework of an active steering committee, and under the equally watchful eye of a government minister
- If the research is to be conducted by a student, the student will be subjected to a thorough screening process before a Research permit is granted and this will include requesting for a recommendation letter from the head of the institution and grant paper from the funding institution,. High academic qualifications in the research field,the student must also be experienced in the administration and evaluation of science research.Moroccans are not seeking regular visitors to Morocco; but those who are both of great academic standing and knowledgeable about Research application who have a particular interest in Research program or any upcoming Research projects for future development.
- Given that there is more than one researcher involved in the research project each person is required to complete the application form. The same project proposal may cover all applications.
- When working with experts in Morocco with a limited amount of time to spare, it is better to direct them to the the choice of sites to be visited where there is more to see. This will helped to pinpoint the most productive laboratories in each of the 100 targeted scientific sub-fields,as this will be the basis upon which to draw up the routes.
- Once the decision had been made, everything depended, crucially, on the Acceptance of research proposal and endorsement by relevant Authority in Morocco. Hence, foreign researchers should not travel to Morocco before receiving a letter of confirmation start on the research process.
- Step 4 -Attach all the required documents on the application Form
- The government authority in charge of scientific research with the task of conducting a comprehensive review of Moroccan capabilities in the field of scientific research will draft, a memorandum of understanding between representatives of the two institutions, (i.e. the institution, from where the researcher is coming from, and institution where the research is to be conducted)e.g. universities,
research centers, and companies involved in r&D), and the technical departments responsible for research organizations must be signed by the visiting scientist/the group leader/student and that institution.
- The representative of the foreign institute should have a letter of delegation in order to be allowed to sign an MOU.
- This set the stage endorsing the permit to the applicant to conduct his or her research,an individual file will be opened for t
List down the documents required for successfully completing the procedure. e.g. 1. Proof of child birth from the Hospital.
Office Locations & Contacts
Please list down the office locations that can be approached for applying. External links can also be used for specifying office locations.
Any researcher that has new interpretations of data or texts, and poses new questions for future research to explore Knowledge in Morocco is eligible
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- Ministry of Higher Education, Scientific Research and Professional Training is responsible for the processing and issuance of all Research permits in Morocco.
- The Directorate of Science and the Directorate of technology ensures the implementation of the Ministrys policy in their respective fields.
- These ministries are supported at the operational level by several agencies and intermediary organizations such as
- National Centre for Scientific and Technical Research (CNRST),
- R&D Maroc Association,
- The Moroccan Office for Industrial and Commercial Property (OMPIC) ,
- the National Agency for SMEs (ANPME) and
- the Moroccan Centre for Innovation (CMI) playing a leading role in the Research.
- Key Research performers are public higher education institutions (HEIs) comprising 18 universities, 3 of which are private and 63 higher education schools and colleges, followed by 22 public research organisations (PROs) and 239 private sector enterprises.
- Contact address and Name of the Applicant
- Birth certificate
- Proof of Citizenship
- National identification Card
- Valid passport
- Title of Research
- Brief description of this research project
- The name(s) of the local institution(s), which will assist you in your research
- How the research project will assist or be of value to Moroccan.
- Where in Morocco will the research be conducted .
- Contact address of the research institution
- Sponsors Name or institute
- Applicant physical Address in the home country.
- Residential addresses of the applicant and spouse where they lived for 12 months or more in the last 10 years
- The Purpose of the research to be conducted
Need for the Document
The Moroccan Research System is young and its modernization started in the 21st century. With the exception of some successful examples in applied research in some engineering schools, especially those operating in the field of agriculture, research in Morocco was based essentially on individual initiatives.
The idea of linking academic research with development began to emerge in the early 1990s. A new government started laying the foundations in 1998 of a nationwide scientific research policy. A ministerial office for research was created at Secretary of State level,currently Morocco scientific production is ranked in third position on African continent.
Research in Morocco is coordinated by a Committee of Scientific Research and Technological Development (CSRTD), which ensures coordination among the various ministries and agencies involved in research policy in Morocco.
A law (No 01-00) came into effect in 2000 to reorganize the higher education system. It includes some measures to encourage teaching staff and establishments to conduct research and technology transfer activities.
According to the vision 2025, the main societal challenges that should drive Moroccan research in the future are:
- Education and training
- Access to basic services (infrastructure, potable water, electricity, health, etc.)
- Fight against poverty and social exclusion
- Other challenges: fight against drought's effects, environment degradation, slums and diseases (AIDS, Malaria, etc.)
The Kingdom of Morocco requires all individuals conducting research under auspices to adhere to the laws and regulations of the country, international conventions.
Research Permits are granted to individuals by the Ministry of Higher Education, Professional Training and Scientific Research (MESFCRS) allowing them to undertake research for the benefit of local universities/institutions or as a part of his/her professional or educational requirement.
Moroccan regulations require that all permit requests must be prepared in French or Arabic and interpreted in English.
Scientific Collecting Permit are issued to any resident or nonresident to take or possess, in any part of the state, for scientific, educational, or propagation purposes, mammals, birds and the nests and eggs thereof, fish, amphibians, reptiles, or any other form of plant or animal life.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people.