Morocco - Apply for a Hunting permit
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- The first step in getting your Moroccan hunting license is to pick what season you want to hunt in, fall or spring, and what area you want to hunt in. It's best to stay within your country of residency but not necessary. Then you do some research and find out where the best hunting is.
Once you know where you want to hunt you will also need to identify what type of wild game you want to hunt.
- Hunters will find ample opportunity to hunt for game such as duck, partridge, quail, goose and dove. Hunts for wild boar, deer, and mountain goats can be arranged. Hunting licenses are required for all types of hunting. All shotguns must be registered
- If you want to hunt just duck, partridge, quail, goose and dove then you will need a permit to hunt that. If you want to hunt goose and other game you will need a separate permit for each type of game you want to hunt in addition to the actual hunting license.Hunting licenses are required for all types of hunting in Morocco.
- Many countries limit the number of non residents allowed to hunt in that country so get your application in early to make sure you can get one of the designated hunting permit for non residence.
- Find out what the regulations are required to Hunt in Morocco and fill out the applications. Gather any supporting documentation you need and keep all the forms and papers together. Make copies of everything.
- When you have received your hunting permit in morocco, make sure that you make copies of all your documents. Place copies of all your licenses / permits ,and make sure to carry a copy with you at all times when you are out hunting.
- you can legally hunt in morocco as long as you follow the rule and regulations set forth by Moroccan Authority. Failure to follow any of the Country's laws is considered poaching and can result in civil and criminal penalties.
The hunting weapons and their ammunition permit are issued by the Directorate General of National Security in Morocco.Firearms and ammunition (only smooth barreled hunting weapons are permitted but retained by Customs until a Firearm and Hunting Permit is obtained)
- a. A valid passport ,
- b. hunting licence,
- c. rifle details,
- d. hunting pass
- e. hunting equipments Details.
Office Locations & Contacts
- Ministry of Tourism
Postal Address Avenue Ennakhil , Rabat
Phone Number + 212 0 37 57 78 00
Fax Number + 212 0 37 57 79 01
- All Foreigners and Resident of Morocco with a hunting pass or license are Eligible provided they follow Dahir for Game Protection Bye laws (1955, 1962) which mandates Ministry of Agriculture to regulate hunting.
- Foreigner tourist must have a tourist visa
The price ranges from the minimum of 100 USD for Baboon,
Anibus to the maximum of 15,000 USD in Mountains.
Valid for less than 90 days
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Processing takes 90 days
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- a. The person applying for hunting permit in Morocco must apply in Person.
- b. The applicant must obtain a hunting pass.
- c. In Morocco, sale of hunting weapons and ammunition are regulated through a separate Dahir (1937) from that which regulates hunting.
- d. There are also legal limits on the amounts of gun powder, cartridges and other accessories which can be used per month and sales are
regulated at local level by police and civil protection authorities.
- a. The hunting licence,
- b. The hunting equipment
- c. Information on special safari vehicles,
- d. The deluxe tents,
- e. Information on foods and drinks while in Hunting
- f. The transports and transfers during the hunting period,
Need for the Document
Morocco has been called "a cold country with a hot sun." The mild, semitropical climate on the northern and western coastal areas is separated by mountain ranges from a desert climate to the east and south. Hunting is popular in Morocco but all hunting rights belong to the State which can lease them to hunters' associations or individuals, Note that in many places in Morocco there are a few natural reserves protecting animals. Permitted methods are shooting; hunting with dogs; falconry. Bird calls and decoys may be used for certain waterbirds and waders but trapping is illegal in Morocco. Hunting is strictly forbidden in protected areas including Important Bird Areas; various defined private and cultivated areas; during snowfall; at night (except 30 minutes after sunset for some species)
Information which might help
Hunters will find ample opportunity to hunt for game such as duck, partridge, quail, goose and dove. Hunts for wild boar, deer, and mountain goats can be arranged. Hunting licenses are required for all types of hunting. All shotguns must be registered.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.