Morocco - Apply for a Diplomatic Visa
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
Step 1 In order to obtain Diplomatic visas (the applicant) you need(s) to complete an application form. You can Complete the online Application form. online visa form at http://www.maec.gov.ma The application form must be accompanied by a diplomatic note or, for international organizations, an official letter requesting the issuance of a diplomatic visa. Attach a diplomatic note from your countrys government written to confirm your status and official purpose of travel.
The sending government must provide the following information in the diplomatic note submitted:
- i). the government official's or employee's name,
- ii). date of birth,
- iii). position and title,
- iv). place of assignment or visit,
- v). purpose of travel,
- vi). a brief description of his or her duties,
- vii). travel date,
- viii). and the anticipated length of the tour of duty or stay in Morocco, and
- ix). the names, relationships,
- x). and dates of birth of any dependents and other members of household who will be accompanying or joining the government official or employee.
Diplomatic visa class should not be used for personal travel.
Step 2 Gather additional required documents .There are very specific requirements which must be met by applicants in order to qualify for a diplomatic visa and these requirements include the following;
- i). The relevant fee and two passport sized photographs.
- ii). The passport must have at least six months left to run and should also be sent with a letter from the relevant embassy or department to give the details of the visa required.
- iii). The applicant must also submit details of the flight that is to be taken into the country including the place of arrival, date and time.
Additional documents may be requested to establish if you are qualified. As part of the application process, a brief interview may be required at the Embassy or Consulate outside morocco but this not always the case.
Similarly, if you work in a way that supports diplomatic endeavors in general, such as working as a technical or administrative employee who supports a diplomat, you will need to apply for what is termed an general visa. Like the diplomatic visa, this visa, too, is only valid for the duration of the mission.
Step 3 Applying for the visa. Individuals holding diplomatic passports may also be exempt from visa fees regardless of visa classification and purpose of travel, if they meet the qualifying categories. Possession of a diplomatic passport or the equivalent is not by itself sufficient to qualify for a no-fee diplomatic visa.
The consular officer will make the determination whether the visa applicant qualifies for an exemption of fees under Moroccan immigration laws. Official passport holders are not charged for official visas, but are required to pay visa application and reciprocal issuance fees, if applicable, for all non-official visas.
- i) dependents and other members of household proof that they are related to you
- ii) two passport sized photographs.
- iii) a current passport.
- iv) Up-to-date immunizations and other specific requirements.
- v) letter from the relevant embassy or department to give the details of the visa required.
- vi) details of the flight that is to be taken.
Office Locations & Contacts
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs & Cooperation
Avenue F. Roosevelt,Rabat
Tel : 537-762-841/ 761-583/ 761-123/ 762-195
Fax : 537-765-508/ 764-679
Email : email@example.com
Website : http://www.maec.gov.ma
- a. Heads of States and their families
- b. Government Top officials of and their families
- c. Diplomats and their families
- d. United Nations Diplomatic Passport and Laisser passez
- e. Diplomatic Missions members accredited to Morocco
- 'f. International organizations members
- g. International non governmental organizations accredited to Morocco.
Free of Charge. There are no fees for official visas.
Applications can be submitted at any work day between 2:30 3:30 PM.
All official passports holders are required to pay the visa fee. Diplomatic passports holders are exempt from the visa fee, but please be ready to pay because in certain circumstances the fee is required.
Diplomats are exempt from both the visa fee and the interview and the taking of finger print.
Valid for 90 Days
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Visa processing usually is done in a day, depending on the nature of agency.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
i) Diplomats and other government officials traveling to Morocco on behalf of their governments
ii)A diplomatic note must accompany all diplomatic Visa or, for international organizations, an official letter requesting the issuance of a Diplomatic visa
iii)Applications for Diplomatic visas may be submitted directly to the Morocco Embassy.
iv)The diplomat must be engage solely in official activities for that government.
v)visas may be submitted by courier to the Consulate from accredited diplomatic missions or Government of Morocco ministries in Rabat.
vi)the note must status and official purpose of travel to Morocco
- The major requirement for Official/Diplomatic visa is accreditation from sending government.
- i) Written A diplomatic Note Verbal form the government sending the Diplomat;
- ii) Valid Diplomatic or Official Passport;
- iii) Name of traveler;
- iv) Duration of the mission
- v) job title in the ministry or department;
- vi) Reason for travel;
- vii) Date of travel
- viii) city/cities to visit
- ix). visa application fee
Need for the Document
Diplomats and other foreign government officials traveling to Morocco to engage solely in official duties or activities on behalf of their national government must obtain a diplomatic visas prior to entering Morocco. The Head of State or Government, qualifies for a Diplomatic visa regardless of the purpose of his or her visit to Morocco,
Diplomats cannot travel using visitor visas or under the Visa Waiver Program. With the exception of a Head of State or Government -- who qualifies for A Diplomatic visa regardless of the purpose of travel -- your position within your countrys government and your purpose of travel greatly determine whether you need a Diplomatic visa or not.
If you are a diplomat or a diplomatic courier to Morocco you will require a diplomatic visa upon entry into Morocco. According to the Immigration Authority of Morocco, the diplomatic visa is only valid for the duration of the mission. The visa is valid for the duration of the mission. Similarly, if you work in a way that supports diplomatic endeavors in general, such as working as a technical or administrative employee who supports a diplomat, you will need to apply for what is termed a general visa. Like the diplomatic visa, this visa, too, is only valid for the duration of the mission.
To qualify for a diplomatic, you must be traveling to the Morocco on behalf of your national government to engage solely in official activities for that government.The specific duties or services that will be performed must be governmental in character or nature, as determined by the Moroccan immigration , in accordance with Moroccan immigration laws.
Government officials traveling to Morocco to perform non-governmental functions of a commercial nature, or traveling as tourists, require the appropriate visas and do not qualify for a Diplomatic visas. The fact that there may be government interest or control in a given organization is not in itself the defining factor in determining if you qualify for a Diplomatic visa.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.