Morocco - Apply for International Driver Permit
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
The application process is the same whether you are applying for an international driving permit or renewing it. start by obtaining driving permit and in this you shall be required to go through all the steps of obtaining the License.
- Your application must be accompanied by
- (a) A full, valid Moroccan driving licence or a full valid driving permit from another country.
- (b) A passport photograph signed on the back
- (c) The appropriate fee
If you are from a another country and possess a full valid driving permit from your home country, you are also required to supply a copy of a utility bill (i.e., an electricity, telephone or gas bill) showing your address in Morocco. You will also be required to sign a declaration of residency on the application form. In order to hire a car in Morocco, you must be 23 years and have held your licence for 2 years (this may differ depending on supplier).
- Morocco Driving Distances and recommended speed
- Rabat to Tangier - 252kms (2hours/30mins)
- Marrakesh to Agadir - 238kms (2hours/20mins)
- Casablanca to Fez - 324kms (3hours/20mins)
- A copy of Original Drivers license.
- Letter of Authenticity from the Embassy
- Certification from the ministry of foreign Affairs.
- Two passport photos.
- Letter of application from a sponsoring organization.
Office Locations & Contacts
The Kingdom of Morocco
Ministry of Equipment and Transport
Eighteen (18) years and above.
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
1.An applicant must have a Moroccan national drivers license;
2.You should always carry your own driving permit even when you have an international driving permit when traveling abroad, as you may be required to produce this licence for inspection.
3.Applicants must be of sound mind;
4.In the submitted application, an applicant must give reasons for applying for an International Drivers Permit.
5.Each international driving permit is valid for one year from date of issue.
6.You must have a full driving licence that is valid in your country of residence.
7. Driving in Morocco is on the right hand side of the road.
8. Seat belts when driving a hire car in Morocco are mandatory.
9. The use of a mobile phone while driving is prohibited, with the exception of a hands-free system.
10.Drivers are to carry at all times while driving, a valid driver's licence, registration documents and insurance documents.
- Petrol stations in Morocco are available in all but the smallest of villages and costs about the same as in the UK.
1.Attach 2 recent signed Passport
2. Name of applicant
3.Name of the country where the International Driving Permit is intended to be used.
4.Applicants passport number
5. Passport Type Photos signed on back)
6. Enclose permit fee
Need for the Document
An International Driving Permit (IDP) is an identity document that allows the holder to drive a private motor vehicle in any country that recognizes IDPs. If you are travelling abroad and wish to drive in another country, you will very likely require an international driving permit. To be valid, the IDP must be accompanied by a valid driving licence from Morocco. Issuance of (IDP)Permit is restricted to persons EIGHTEEN YEARS or over who hold a valid Moroccan driving permit.This type of PERMIT IS VALID FOR ONE YEAR. Not renewable. MUST BE ISSUED WITHIN 6 MONTHS OF APPLICATION DATE.
Information which might help
- Parking meters line the major streets of Morocco and are valid for 1 to 2 hours of parking.
- There are parking garages available when travelling with a car hire in Marrakech and other major cities in Morocco.
- Parking zones are watched by gardiens de voitures in characteristic blue coats.
- In an increasing number of big city centres, parking tickets are issued from blue curbside machines.
- Parking in Morocco is free on Sundays.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.