Moldova - Register Marriage
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- A marriage declaration must be completed and handed in person by the future spouses at the office of civil status or local hall town in which territorial range has the domicile one of the future spouses, their parents or closer relatives (if at least one of spouse is orphan).
- When the marriage declaration is handed in, the future spouses will receive a referral for a compulsory and free medical examination. Results of medical examination must be presented to the civil status body and attached to the marriage declaration.
- Marriage registration shall be effectuated within one month from the date the marriage declaration was handed in.
If you are outside Moldova
For future spouses living abroad contact the nearest diplomatic mission or consular office of the Republic of Moldova in the country you are staying. You may use the link provided under "Office Locations & Contacts".
- Marriage declaration
- Annex to the marriage declaration
- Identity card of the future spouses;
- Birth certificates of the future spouses;
- Other supporting documents:
- proof of divorce or cessation of the previous marriage;
- decision of the local public administration authority, in case when the matrimonial age is reduced according to the Family Code, art.14 .
In case of marriage with a foreign citizen or between foreign citizens, on the territory of the Republic of Moldova, besides the general required acts for marriage registration, are required the following documents:
- national passport of the foreign citizen (original) and copies from certain pages (regarding identity, entry-exit visa and seal prints of border passing, applied by the Border Guards);
- proof, issued by the competent authorities of countries whose citizens they are, from which must result that there are fulfilled the general conditions, required by the Republic of Moldova legislation for marriage registration.
Notes: Acts must be legalized as is established (by the bilateral or multilateral accords between states) and translated into state language.
Office Locations & Contacts
Civil Status Service
Chisinau city, 11/1 M. Viteazul Street
Minimum marriage age - 18 years
Those who are aged between 16 to 18 may be allowed to get married if their parents will give their consent and their aplication will be approved by the local public administration.
Civil status body, basis on art.15 from Family Code, has the right to refuse the marriage registration if it establishes that are not carried out the legislation requirements.
For a marriage registration between foreign citizens or a foreigner and a citizen of the Republic of Moldova, will be required an interpreters services, if at least one of them doesnt know the language in which is officiated the marriage, also when one of them or both are deaf.
Marriage registration with a convicted or arrested person takes place respecting special conditions. Marriage with a person who is serving administrative penalty will be registered after the imposed penalty expires.
A marriage will NOT be registered if
- if at least one is already married;
- relatives on straight line up to IV-th grade including, brothers and sisters, including those who have one common parent;
- adopter and adopted;
- adopted and a relative of the adopter on straight line up to II-nd grade including;
- curator and a minor person that is under his / her guardianship, during the period of guardianship;
- two persons if at least one was deprived of exercise capacity;
- convicted persons when both are serving their sentence;
- persons of same sex.
- Marriage registration without solemnity, issuing the certificate: on the day settled by the law free of charge
- Request on urgent marriage registration (in case of extra reasons to those that are indicated in the legislation):
- 25 days : 1000 lei
- 15 days: 3000 lei
- 5 days: 5000 lei
- 24 hours: 8000 lei
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
This procedure provides you information on how a marriage is registered in Moldova.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Mutual legal rights and obligations of spouses begin on the day when the marriage is registered at the civil status bodies.
More information which might help people.