Moldova - Register Death
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- The death declaration may be handed in to the Office of civil status or local town hall in the place where:
- the person died;
- the deceased last resided;
- the body of a deceased person was found;
- the institution which issued the act that confirms the death is located;
- Other documents will need to be submitted together with the declaration. Check the list below.
- Registration is free of charge.
For deaths that occured outside Moldova
For deaths of citizens abroad, report the death to the nearest diplomatic mission or consular office of the Republic of Moldova. A link is provided under "Office Locations & Contacts" which declarants can use to get in touch with the said offices.
- Medical certificate that confirms the death, issued by the medical institution that has found the death;
- Identity card, soldiers record or recruiting certificate of the deceased person;
- Birth certificate;
- Declaring persons identity card.
- Other supporting documents (in special cases):
- Proof, issued by the police or procurator when the death occurred after suicide, accident or other violent actions, and in case of finding a body, from which must result that one of these authorities were notified about the death;
- Communication of the prison administration when the person died in the penitentiary institution.
Office Locations & Contacts
Civil Status Service
Chisinau city, 11/1 M. Viteazul Street
Who may register the death:
- Family members
- Relatives of the deceased
- In other cases, the neighbors of the deceased, doctor or other person of the health unit where the person died;
- If the person died in a penitentiary or other social protection institution, the administration of the penitentiary institution must declare the death.
Registration is free of charge
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
A death declaration must be made within 3 days, starting from the time of death.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
This procedure provides you information on how a death is registered in Moldova.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.