Moldova - Register Birth
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- The birth declaration may be handed in to the:
- Civil status office in the area where the baby was born or where the parents are domiciled.
- Local town hall in the area where the baby was born or where the parents are domiciled.
- Other documents will need to be submitted together with the declaration. Check the list below.
If you are outside Moldova
For babies born abroad, report the birth to the nearest diplomatic mission or consular office of the Republic of Moldova in the country you are currently staying. You may use the link provided under "Office Locations & Contacts" to get in touch with the said offices.
- Birth declaration
- Medical certificate of birth establishment, issued by the health unit where the baby was born
- Parents identity cards or one of them
- Parents marriage certificate
- Other supporting documents:
- Declaration on paternity establishment, if parents are not married
- Mothers applications on writing information about the father, if the mother is unmarried
- Divorce certificate, if from the divorce until the babys birth, havent passed more than 300 days
- Husbands death certificate, if from the moment of decease until babys birth havent passed more than 300 days
- Applicants identity card
- Documents that must be submitted in special cases:
- report, on birth registration of a found or abandoned baby
- court decision that establishes that a certain woman gave birth to a baby
Office Locations & Contacts
Civil Status Service
Chisinau city, 11/1 M. Viteazul Street
- Either of the parents may register the child's birth
- In case the parents cant declare it by themselves, the birth declaration can be made by the:
- parents close relatives
- person authorized by the parents
- administration of health unit where the baby was born or where the baby is
- protective authority
Birth registration is free of charge.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
The birth declaration must be handed in within 3 months from the time the child was born.
Late registration will the declarant to pay a fine.
The person who found an abandoned child is obliged to report to the police within 24 hours, bringing the child with them.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
This procedure provides you information on birth registration in Moldova.
Information which might help
Registration of childs name and surname:
- The baby gets parents name.
- If parents have different names, the baby will take fathers or mothers name, according to their common agreement.
- Babys name can be simple or double, at parents will.
- The civil status body may refuse to register some names that are formed from indecent or ridiculous words.
- In cases of litigation between parents - regarding childs name, decides the protection authority.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.