Moldova - Obtain National Identity (ID) Card
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Submit your application to obtain a National ID at the local issuing body in the place where you are a resident.
To those who are living abroad, submit your application at the nearest diplomatic mission or consular office of the Republic of Moldova.
- You will need to submit your application in person. In the case of minors and persons placed under guardianship or trusteeship, application will be submitted by their legal representatives. This also applies to people placed under treatment, preventive detention or imprisoned.
For children separated from their parents, which were imposed the guardianship or curatorship or are in foster care social services (family-type children's home community, temporary placement Center, another type of residential institution) the application will be filed by the authority to whom the child was place under care, or by the management of the institution.
- Submit all the required documents (see list below) and pay the application fee.
- After your application is processed and the ID card produced, it will be mailed to you via registered mail with acknowledgement receipt.
- Completed application
- Identity card of the legal representative (for minors and persons placed under guardianship or trusteeship);
- Civil status certificates, as appropriate:
- birth certificates
- marriage certificate
- certificate of divorce
- certificate of change of name and/or surname
- birth certificates of minors
- death certificate of spouse
- An extract from the marriage act in respect of persons who have placed marriage abroad and in that State is not provided for the issue of certificates of divorce
- A document certifying the applicant's blood type. Civil status documents and confirming the blood group is not mandatory unless changes in marital status and the personal data of the applicant from the moment of issue of the identity of the last act. In their respective statements, in addition to the application, the person submits a written affidavit to this effect.
Office Locations & Contacts
Center for State Information Resources "Registru"
MD-2012, 42 Pushkin street, Chisinau
Call center: Phone.: (+373) 22-25-70-70, 14909
Citizens of the Republic of Moldova
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
This procedure provides you information on how you can obtain a National Identity (ID) Card in Moldova.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.